Wedding Etiquette Forum

Is this tacky? (kinda long)

I know you're not supposed to gift things like hair do's, makeup application, jewelry to be worn with BM dress etc... for the BM gift

BUUUT

Is it completely and totally tackey to gift makeup?

So, I've had a BM ask me about hair and makeup. She's concerned about photos and such because she doesn't have great skin yada yada. I tried to calm her fears and reasure her that she's beautiful but she's still concerned. You see it's hard to bring someone into the venue since it's kind of remote and anyone who took the job would charge a travel fee and there's really not much around to go to.

I would love to provide hair and makeup to all my girls but logistically it probably won't happen. So, what I was thinking was making some sort of spa day. I'd get everyone together for a girls night and shade test and show everyone how to apply all the products (I'm a beauty consultant so I know a little about that stuff).

I thought I would then gift a "beauty set" to them. Like skin care, prep, base, color etc... Now this wouldn't be a cheap thing to do whatsoever so I thought it would be nice to make it their thank you gift. I wouldn't necissarily say "you have to wear this for the wedding" but I might say something like "it would be great if you took advantage of the products I gave you for the wedding but I understand if you'd rather use something else."

What do you think?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards