Wedding Etiquette Forum

RSVPs

How do you deal with people who don't return the RSVP card by the deadline? Over half of my fiance's side has yet to return theirs, and my caterer is asking for a headcount... HELP!

Re: RSVPs

• You should have a list of everyone you've invited and whether or not you've received their RSVP card.  If it's your FI's family, have him call them.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yup, what pp said. Go back to your list and start calling anyone who hasn't rsvp'd.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Have your FI call everyone that hasn't RSVP'd.

I would also wait about 5 days after the deadline to ensure that there aren't any late RSVP's hanging around in the mail before calling.

• My RSVP date is 10/1. I'm giving people 1 week after the response date before calls & emails start going out. I don't want to be hit up with a ton of people showing up that weren't accounted for & not having enough tables or food available.
  • Unfortunately, if guests don't respond by the deadline, it becomes your and your fiance's responsibility to follow up with them to find out if they're coming.

If these are your fiance's guests, I'd let him handle it; otherwise, you'll need to call them to ask. It's a pain that some people don't understand to do this, but they don't leave you any other choice!
  • My RSVP date is 9/28 (tomorrow) and I have yet to received it from people I see everyday.  One guest said I figured since I talk to you everyday that you already know I'm coming.  I guess they think I paid .47 p/stamp for my health!!!! UGH! 
  • Mrs. JFDixon, I feel your pain! My FI's own parents haven't even sent in their response card! (Granted, I know they're coming, but still! I'm saving all of my RSVP cards, so i'd like to have them all ...you know?)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards