Wedding Etiquette Forum

Ladies Who Travel

2»

Re: Ladies Who Travel

• Maggie214624Maggie214624 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ladies-travel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fd3dcf45-5c17-4302-b097-dac99278c10dPost:815ff248-359d-4b73-a190-5d9ecc0cd4c7">Re: Ladies Who Travel</a>:
    [QUOTE]This might not be what you're looking for at all, but I've heard that Cartagena, Colombia is an up-and-coming tourist destination with a good mix of history, culture, and beaches. I haven't been, but it's on our short list and there are usually pretty good deals on airfare. I bet you could get a really good deal out of TPA or MCO.
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]

I am way late to this, but Cartagena is amazing!  I might be a little biased though as we went there for our honeymoon.

ETA:  OP, the flights from Florida to Cartagena on Spirit are usually pretty inexpensive and quick.  Also, they do have all inclusives but I think you would be missing out if you went that route there.
  • Gosh, go to Costa Rica!  Stay at the Leaves & Lizards B&B near the Arenal Volcano, and then go to the Pacific Coast near Manuel Antonio National Park - we stayed at the Pelican Lodge at Esterillos Este, which was great, but there's a ton of great hotel options in the area.  I've heard the Encantada Ocean Cottages are a really sweet place to stay at a great deal - it's a private cottage on the beach with air conditioning and hot water, with breakfast included.  You can't get any better than that!

One thing - contact TicoTravel to rent a car, it's a lot cheaper than your international rental companies.  Also, be sure to look into car insurance before you go (American Express has a great international car rental insurance program) as that can be a big expense.  Not including rental car, we spent $1400 for flights, hotels, food, and activities for the two of us for 5 days! 

Anniversary

• Jamaica is fairly inexpensive and there is a lot to do once you're there.  I'd also recommend a cruise that hits Belize. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards