Wedding Etiquette Forum

good morning

I don't think one of these has been done yet?  Anyone here today?  I'm getting off at 12 p.m., but I thought I would say good morning to everyone.

FI and I went to buy new couches last night, the first new couches we've ever owned, yippee!  I can't wait til they arrive next week. 

What are everyone's plans for tonight?  Me:  veg on potato chips and play some WoW with FI, because we're cool like that.  :P
Photobucket

Re: good morning

• I am off today and I plan on doing some shopping with my mom and taking a nap before we head out tonight. I am not 100% sure what our plan for this evening are but I know we will be celebrating with my cousin and her FI.
    Married since 5/21/2011
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • shopping is fun, do you have something in particular you're looking for?
    Photobucket
  • Good morning!

I'm at work, probably for a full day, but that's okay because we can't leave until H gets out of work at 3:30.  We're going to MA to spend the night at a friend's house, very low-key, watching movies and having food and champagne.

Tomorrow is a huge to-do, though...we're going to a masquerade ball for New Year's Day.  I'm pretty psyched for that.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• edited December 2010
    wow a masquerade ball??  that's awesome!  what were you going to wear?
    Photobucket
  • Morning! Bay, a masquerade ball sounds so fun!

We are doing the same thing we did last year for NYE namely having my ILs over for dinner and watching fire works from our balcony. We might go out afterward, but as of last night we thought probably not. Although there's a Groupon today which is entrance for two people plus 16 drinks (ie. everything we would drink) to a club near our place for about US$30, so I'm tempted to buy it.
  • H is wearing a Victorian tuxedo, I'm wearing a Regency dress (like something out of "Sense and Sensability").  His friend is a seamstress and she made both for just the cost of the material.  I heart her.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-145?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ff62f6b2-69df-4597-bdc2-31e6cd384c78Post:83c1510b-099d-41e6-bc51-fa3f1b21580b">Re: good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]shopping is fun, do you have something in particular you're looking for?
    Posted by xyrius[/QUOTE]

Yeah my mom said some of the stores at the mall are having huge jewelry sales. So we are going to go and look for some wedding jewelry and I need a black half jacket to go over my fancy shirt for tonight!
    Married since 5/21/2011
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-145?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ff62f6b2-69df-4597-bdc2-31e6cd384c78Post:fb32241c-9467-4d15-9326-42acd9a928e9">Re: good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning! Bay, a masquerade ball sounds so fun! We are doing the same thing we did last year for NYE namely having my ILs over for dinner and watching fire works from our balcony. We might go out afterward, but as of last night we thought probably not. Although there's a Groupon today which is entrance for two people plus 16 drinks (ie. everything we would drink) to a club near our place for about US$30, so I'm tempted to buy it.
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

man, it would just be nice for the clubs here to stay open later. ALl of the bars and clubs here close at 1:15!
    Married since 5/21/2011
  • Haha yeah, this particular party goes until 6am. Most clubs here are open til 5, and no one goes out til midnight on a normal night anyway.
  • Oh Boo...I changed the name of the FFT thread to include Good morning. THe ladies wanted to keep it going in there. Oh well. Good Morning all. We've got to go to the grocery store and one of Lucas's friends is coming over for the New Year. Nothing exciting just hanging out. Maybe a movie marathon.
  • emily - that $30 groupon sounds like a huge deal!  i'd be tempted too!

cm - jewellery shopping is fun!  yay!  :)  do you enjoy shopping with your mom?  i can't go shopping with mine, she drives me nuts... lol

bay - what a great friend!  i had to google that type of dress, and i'm sure you'll look amazing :)
    Photobucket
  • mkrupar - sorry :(, we can move this over there.  the way my posts are sorted i didn't even see FFT on the list anymore.
    Photobucket
  • That thread is still going?!  I checked this morning when I woke up at 3:30 (ugh) and it was at 1440 posts. 

You guys going for the record in there?  :D

• I do enjoy shopping with my mom, she has pretty good taste! She also offered to pay for the jewelry so that always makes it twice as nice. My parents are both retired now and I work full time so I dont get to spend a lot of girl time with my mom anymore.

I would like to leave the house so that I can go tan before I go pick my mom up but there are tornadoe warnings all around us right now so I am waiting before I head out.

Emily- that coupon does sound like a hard deal to pass up. Especialy since it includes drinks!!
    Married since 5/21/2011
  • MK, I thought that was going to be the good morning thread, which is why I hadn't posted one, but then no one else was posting there, and I figured no one was here.
  • cm - that's awesome that you get along so well with your mom, and that she offered to pay :)

I hope that I can enjoy that type of relationship with my daughter when she grows up.  For now she's a mommy's girl, but I know that can change pretty quickly.

That sucks about the tornado warning but it's really smart of you to stay home.  Tanning is so relaxing but I haven't gone in forever. 

baystate - i think the record might already be passed?  I posted in there for good measure but it seems pretty dead in here today
    Photobucket
  • Yeah I actually got to sleep in a little this morning, so I didn't get to the part in the thread where they mentioned asking me to change the title. I did change it when I saw it. We can wander over there if we'd like. I think some of the girls wanted to try and keep it going through tomorrow. We'll see though.
  • Good morning!  I am going to Lexington (my college town about 80 mi away) today.  My MOH had a baby on Christmas Eve, so I'm going to go look at it :)

In other news... Dani was in my dream last night.
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • i'm already there.  :)
    Photobucket
  • I plan on being super bad tonight!
  • kentuckykate - oooh, i love new babies, and what was dani doing in your dream?  lol

ricksang - elaborate please :)
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-145?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ff62f6b2-69df-4597-bdc2-31e6cd384c78Post:a08a3f8b-c990-4d45-ae4e-1bb7c65eaf3a">Re: good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah I actually got to sleep in a little this morning, so I didn't get to the part in the thread where they mentioned asking me to change the title. I did change it when I saw it. We can wander over there if we'd like. I think some of the girls wanted to try and keep it going through tomorrow. We'll see though.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

I had high hopes for sleeping in this morning but my dogs had other plans for that!! Any other morning they dont have to go potty until 7:30, this morning they just couldnt hold it past 6:45!!
    Married since 5/21/2011
  • i could not sleep at all last night, i have no clue why.  i finally fell asleep around 4 a.m. so i'm running strictly on caffeine.  and i have to go to costco after work, hopefully it's not jammed..  :(
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-145?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ff62f6b2-69df-4597-bdc2-31e6cd384c78Post:2772dda4-9647-40f3-ba07-623b3ee006d7">Re: good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]kentuckykate - oooh, i love new babies, and<strong> what was dani doing in your dream?</strong>  lol ricksang - elaborate please :)
    Posted by xyrius[/QUOTE]
    I don't remember much of it.  I was out to dinner with a bunch of people, and sig pic Dani (in the red shirt) was sitting across the table from me.
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • kentuckykate - lol - that's so wierd but awesome
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-145?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ff62f6b2-69df-4597-bdc2-31e6cd384c78Post:7f70c00a-1835-4005-94c9-0010de787a21">Re: good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: good morning : I had high hopes for sleeping in this morning but my dogs had other plans for that!! Any other morning they dont have to go potty until 7:30, this morning they just couldnt hold it past 6:45!!
    Posted by cm42878[/QUOTE]

After Lucas let two of the pups out at around 4 or 5 am (that's our standard wake up time) they came back in and all four were so kind as to let us sleep until 8am.
  • Good morning!!

I've had this week off, which has been auhhmazing!!! My H has to work today and is on-call all this weekend (boo!) but I have put together a great menu of pear and gorgonzola appetizer, cornish game hens, butternut squash, asparagus with roasted red pepper, champagne risotto and analaeise sauce w/berries for desert :)

washing it all down with sparkling cider, haha
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-145?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ff62f6b2-69df-4597-bdc2-31e6cd384c78Post:2772dda4-9647-40f3-ba07-623b3ee006d7">Re: good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]kentuckykate - oooh, i love new babies, and what was dani doing in your dream?  lol ricksang - elaborate please :)
    Posted by xyrius[/QUOTE]

Ha! I am thinking of going bar hopping by myself because my ILs flaked out on me and everyone else is staying home. H has to work. I have never been to a bar alone!
  • Yes. I love being around people but my H is afraid something bad might happen to me since I am a small girl and I will be alone so I may scratch the idea.

• xyrius - thanks!! I don't often cook that much, but I just got all-clad copper core pots & pans so H says I have to justify them, haha :)  -- hooray for new couches!!! I remember buying our first new couch, it was so cool!!

So, I have a question for you ladies, I'm doing research for our HM -- we originally thought of Sandals but the rollercoaster of reviews I'm seeing on tripadvisor has me scared. Anyone have any personal or second-hand experiences??
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards