New Jersey
Options

Please help wth venue - new here - Ariana's or Bridgewater Manor?

Hello ladies!  FI and I are planning our wedding for next year and wanted to seek your advice.  We have visited about 12 venues and have narrowed it down between Ariana's and the BM.  I like A's better than BM because it is prettier and I think it's a better deal (in my view) and the food was very good but it seems from reading the posts here that BM is used by more people.  Any advice for me?  For some reason, I am having trouble making this decision!
Thanks so much!

Re: Please help wth venue - new here - Ariana's or Bridgewater Manor?

• Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A co-worker had her reception at Ariana's. She loved it. So when I got engaged we went and looked there.  I found the woman who was selling extremely pushy, and I am a pushy broad myself.  I also felt for the price she was quoting me, that I wasnt getting enough, and I was right I paid way less at the Brownstone for way more food. However the best part about this place is its a 1 event at a time. BM gets great reviews on here, but its multiple weddings and parties. So you have to decide what you like best.
  • Options
    hopeful523hopeful523 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard good reviews regarding Ariana's food but i've never experienced it myself. I went to a wedding at BM and enjoyed it but their was another wedding and the cocktail, bar, and dessert table were in a seperate room from the reception room which did make the wedding feel divided.
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    edited December 2011
    We visited both halls and ended up booking Bridgewater Manor. What is the cost difference that you're getting between the two? We found Ariana's to be at least $25pp more with no added value. We didn't like the area and had extremely similar service to what Danes describes. I just didn't feel confident in Ariana's and Bridgewater Manor has a longer standing reputation. There are some key differences between the two however:

1. One wedding at a time at Ariana's
    2. Location - they're about 45mins apart, does this matter?
    3. Do you have OOT guests- what hotel does Ariana's use?
    4. Reputation
    5. Food is excellent at BWM, not sure of Ariana's
    6. Outdoor photo ops
    7. Price- I can't imaigne them being the same

Hope that helps or at least gives you some things to consider.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you both - I will look at the Brownstone on line, but it may be too far for us.  We dealt with a man at Ariana's who said he was the banquet manager now.  Can I ask you what experience you had with the food at Ariana's?  We had a tasting, and everything was good.
  • Options
    Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think they both have their positives and negatives. I think the food was better at Ariana's and the decor is more contemporary. I thought the price and location of the BM was better though. They have nicer grounds. 
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    edited December 2011
    I did taste the food at arianas and it was really good. But this was 20 months ago. So things could have changed.  They gave you a tasting when you were there or no?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi - yes, we had a tasting at A's and it was delicious. BM would not give us a tasting but rather invited us to their restaurant (which we didn't do because I didn't think it would be the same food)  I agree with so many of the comments posted, and that is why we are so torn.  I think both places give good value and although A is not in a very nice area (it really isn't), I really like the one wedding at a time thing.  But, they did the courtyard and it is beautiful.  I am having a large reception (both FI and I have large families and lots of friends) so I am a little nervous about A's experience with this.  We will probably have  about 200 guests Am I crazy?  I just want everything to be absolutely perfect and our guests to really enjoy themselves. We have a better deal at A's by about $20 pp
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    edited December 2011
    I dont think they will have an issue with 200 people at all.  The room there is more than big enough.  If you arent sure, maybe keep looking.  I am sure you will find a place that will be awesome!
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want that many people go with the cheaper amount to save yourselves the money. Arianas looks more elegant to me. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know anything about Arianna's, but we did visit the Bridgewater Manor and did not like it at all. First impressions mean alot, and from the outside, it looks like an office building. So that pretty much turned us off from the get go. Inside, we were not impressed either, felt too much like a conference center and blah for our taste.
    September 2011 Brides Siggy Challenge: Reception Venue imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    gia0404gia0404 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ar egetting married at Ariana's Feb 25th. And so far have been extremely happy. They were very negotiable with price for our Feb/friday wedding. And are including soooooo much! We had a tasting & have been to bridal shows there & find their food to be so delicious! I actually just said last night I wish I was able to have their chicken for dinner...
    We worked with Joe, who is the only one I've ever had answer the phone until yesterday when I called and a woman named Fran answered. Joe has been a delight to deal with. Frank the owner & Marie Elaina his wife are soooooo sweet. Also, they give you a free 2 night stay at Comfort Suites. Which we are using for getting ready. 1 down fall is they don't provide cake but do a viennese table. We are using Petite Cafe in Nutley for our cake.
    I've been to BM for 2 separate wedings this past Summer. We weren't impressed with food. It was a nice venue but both times there was another wedding going on, so kinda hectic feel. Sorry, this post got kinda long...
    *****Soon To Be Mrs. B***** Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone - I spoke to the owener of Arian'a (Maria) and she was no nice to deal with.  She spent a lot of time with me and I really feel that we will book there.  We will probably go back this weekend and finalize the contract.  Gia - I sent you a PM!!!

This is so exciting!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_please-wth-venue-new-here-arianas-bridgewater-manor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:0031b7b0-c6cb-4789-b29b-e027f0bf82e6Post:4861b09a-b6f7-4205-b69c-77ec9c5b08d6">Re: Please help wth venue - new here - Ariana's or Bridgewater Manor?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi - yes, we had a tasting at A's and it was delicious.<strong> BM would not give us a tasting but rather invited us to their restaurant (which we didn't do because I didn't think it would be the same food)  I</strong> agree with so many of the comments posted, and that is why we are so torn.  I think both places give good value and although A is not in a very nice area (it really isn't), I really like the one wedding at a time thing.  But, they did the courtyard and it is beautiful.  I am having a large reception (both FI and I have large families and lots of friends) so I am a little nervous about A's experience with this.  We will probably have  about 200 guests Am I crazy?  I just want everything to be absolutely perfect and our guests to really enjoy themselves. We have a better deal at A's by about $20 pp
    Posted by carolbee[/QUOTE]
    The bolded is not true. You get a special menu from which they cook 1 choice per person per course you have. For instance, we had 6 of us (me, DH, my parents and ILs) and we had 6 entrees, each of which were entree choices from their wedding package, 6 appetizers, etc.
    A cw of my mom's got married at Ariana's a few months ago. She raved about it but what bride doesn't think her wedding was the best, you know?
    Having had our reception at the Bridgewater Manor, I can say choosing them is a good decision. We had a fantastic time and they were so incredibly accomodating. Every little thing was taken care of, seriously. Our main concern was price, and the BWM had everyone beat in that aspect. I mean, my mom's cw paid almost twice what we did, but she had a wedding in peak-ish season and ours was January. The food is terrific, the service is great. I mean, they let us change rooms like a month ahead of time due to my mom's concerns, so we got the large ballroom even though we were nowhere close to their usual min for that room.
  • Options
    Megalega14Megalega14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Ariana's next June... Joe is very accomodating and they're food is the best I have found! good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards