North Carolina
Options

Alterations Question

I know that my wedding is pretty far off (10/16/10) and I just ordered my dress last weekend but do you girls know of any seamstresses that can change a straight neckline to a sweetheart?  Is that a difficult alteration?  I have read about Olga and she seems very popular (but Cary is kind of a hike from Charlotte).  Any advice or suggestions would be great.
Addie and Matt - October 16, 2010

Re: Alterations Question

• Options
    allie76allie76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For your wedding dress, the hike to Cary to see Olga is completely worth it.
    TTC since Sept 2009 with PCOS. 3 failed Clomid cycles; 3 failed IUI's; 1 failed injectable + TI cycle. Surprise BFP on 1/22/12 while waiting to start IVF! EDD 9/30/12.
    Missed m/c discovered 2/20/12 (8w1d). D&C 2/23/12
    Photobucket [img]http://i54.tinypic.com/zsk41e.jpg[/img]

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i made the hike first time last weekend and IT IS WORTH IT!!!
  • Options
    meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure that the alteration from straight to sweetheart is pretty easy, depending on the beading and style of your dress. I'm sure there are places in Charlotte that could handle this without you having to go all the way to Olga. Can you get it altered where you ordered your dress?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's super easy - we did that to my dress no problem....pic is below of the before and final look.Before:After:
    image Ellie and Morgan
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i should have read this more carefully....fyi, olga is doing the same alteration on my dress :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the pics and advice!  That makes me feel better.  I bought the dress from David's Bridal but I really didn't want to do alterations there.
    Addie and Matt - October 16, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would advise against doing alterations at DB - they're over priced and don't normally do a great job.  I had a horrible experience w/them for a BM dress.  The drive to Olga isn't bad from Charlotte, it's almost exactly 2 hours.
    image Ellie and Morgan
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you don't want to make the drive to Cary, which I completely understand, there are some good seamstresses in Charlotte.Anna's Alterations on Park Rd. comes highly recommended from other Knottie brides. They are also the preferred alterations shop by J. Majors, which should let you know that you can trust their work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards