New Jersey
Options

September 3 or 17 2011?

Hello All!

I just booked our venue (2 hours ago) in NJ! Our ceremony and cocktail hour is scheduled to be outside in a garden starting at 6 pm. Although I booked for the 17, I'm second-guessing myself as it might be too chilly. Should I bump up the date to the 3, which is Labor Day weekend at the Jersey Shore, or keep it where it is? I'm also not too sure about rain. I think there might be a greater chance of rain on the 3. Any input is helpful!

Thank you!

Kim

Re: September 3 or 17 2011?

• Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't try to guess the weather 2 years in advance.  We have had some septembers that are still very summery and other that get chilly early. Also, it can rain any day of the year.  The 17th is probably better because people tend to go away on labor day weekend.  HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would say the 17th as well. Septemeber can be a great month! I think the 3rd is too close to Labor Day.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I agree..the 17th is probably better.   It will be plenty warm on the 17th, and honestly it can rain anyday.  Don't second guess yourself, everything will work out fine!
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think holiday wknd weddings are an inconvenience to people.  I think the 17th is great!  Is your cocktail hour outside?  Also, hotel rooms will be so much cheaper than Labor Day wknd rates at the Jersey Shore!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the 17th is great and like everyone said it can rain on any day of the year
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree about the possibility of rain...can happen no matter what day you choose. And as far as the holiday weekend, it might deter people who have plans (an annual labor day get together) and along with the price factor, you will most likely have added traffic (I'm assuming it's at the shore?). I think you will be absolutely fine with the date you picked. Congratulations on solidifying your venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you girls! It's so great to get all of your feedback!
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally agree! I would want to stay away from Jersey Shore on Labor Day Weekend the idea of facing that traffic would make me dread the wedding no matter how much I loved the bride/groom. Plus hotel prices will be much more!
  • Options
    gibribuzgibribuz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the 17th.  It will be more convenient for guests and less of a headache for you.  There will be tons of traffic on Labor Day weekend and some hotels have 2 night minimums. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards