New Jersey
Options

Edible favors - where to buy?!

Hi again!

I think I am pretty decided on purchasing edible favors for my June wedding. I was thinking of something like a little cake, bomboms, or baked good. I was wondering where I should buy this from. Should I just go to a bakery and order X amount and pack them the day before so they're fresh? I prefer not to order them online because then I can't taste them and don't know how long they have been stored for.

Does anyone know of a place that does edible favors in north jersey? or does anyone know any awesome bakeries?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Edible favors - where to buy?!

• Options
    xanabelaxanabela member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if Natales Bakery does this, but they are awesome! They are located in Summit, NJ (Union County). Hope this helps :]
    Photobucket

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ChobotChobot member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_edible-favors-buy-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:04cc265e-81e8-488f-ae73-2bc4e6ac707aPost:b3cdcc66-dc15-4147-9c7d-13a219739d5c">Re: Edible favors - where to buy?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know if <strong>Natales Bakery </strong>does this, but they are awesome! They are located in Summit, NJ (Union County). Hope this helps :]
    Posted by xanabela[/QUOTE]

<div>I love that bakery~ I double that suggestion.  Also, you can check costco and see what they have in chocolates. They sometimes have swiss imports that are super delcious and you can refrigerate them in the meantime.</div>
  • Options
    LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Sugar Chic makes adorable & delicious cookies!
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    HCrimson08HCrimson08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Enjou Chocolate is amazing at customizing for anything. They do all kinds of chocolate dark, milk white,  its amazing.....  They are in Morristown.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I used The Stuffed Cupcake in Nutley 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting my cupcake favors from Crumbs in Westfield, NJ.  So good!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For my shower we had amazing candy apples from the Candy Apple Shoppe in Vernon NJ.They are HUGE and taste terrific but are pricey. They are so big though, you could easily do one per couple. They even make ones that look like brides and grooms.

http://www.candy-apple-shoppe.com/
  • Options
    JcilenteJcilente member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mr. Cupcakes has wedding favor cupcakes for $1.50 each and sell custom boxes for $2.00 more.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jennie's Bakery! I know the owner personally and she is an amazing chef and baker!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jennies-Bakery/267863676561192
  • Options
    sparklesf611sparklesf611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about Baked by Melissa?  Their mini cupcakes taste great and you can try them if you are ever in NY (and they ship all over)...I used Once Upon A Chocolate for chocolate favors and my vendor was kind enough to send a small sample so I could try it and see the tags/ribbon etc.  I bet you might find other vendors willing to do the same if that interests you at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards