New Jersey
Options

2/16 Wedding Vendor review

On the whole a great day and overall I was very happy.....

Kirkpatrick Chapel, New Brunswick, NJ - Absolutely Gorgeous venue and I'm happy we got married there.  Unfortunately the person they assigned us,was not on the ball - she opened the doors late for the rehearsal, seemed generally disorganized, and didn't help coordinate and pass out our programs on the day of despite saying she would so nobody got programs.  This was who Ann Marie was most disappointed with.  If you do decide to have it at Kirkpatrick (again, we absolutely loved the church) there are other coordinators available that you could ask for.

Jason Rhee (photographer) (917) 974-1386 - THE BEST!!!!  Both me and Ann Marie loved his personality and the way he took charge of our day.  couldn't recommend him more. Constant high and positive energy, had a great eye, was great with our 2 year old and just made our day.  As Jason's business manager I would tell him to raise his prices, but as a customer WOW!

The Party Authority (DJ) (800) DIAL-DJS - I used to work for Ira the owner when I was in college and knew he was the only man for the job.  I knew his attention to detail, dependability and overall professionalism was exactly what I wanted.  He has cool tricks to get the crowd involved and to really make it about the bride and groom.  He was everything I expected,  Highly reccomended!

The Rutgers Club New Brunswick, NJ - They really came through with shining colors the day of.  I was very impressed with the way they pulled everything together.  They were a little inflexible during the planning process and they were making me nervous frankly, but the day of I cant think of anything bad to say about them.  Food was amazing, wedding cake was the best people said they ever had and they are surprisingly AFFORDABLE with a capital A.  Great bang for the buck.

Hair and Makeup by Michelle (908) 309-5523 - Ann Marie said she really liked her and she was the right price.  She traveled to us and was really on top of her game - Ann Marie was very pleased with her hair and makeup.

Hyatt Hotel New Brunswick - Beautiful Hotel, but on the whole I have to say I was disappointed.  When Ann Marie walked into the room the night before our wedding there was a note saying there would be noise on the day of our wedding because they would be doing construction. She needed that like a hole in the head on her big day.  About a week before I had tried to order sandwiches to 3 of the rooms the day of and they emailed me back just asking for my cc info without pricing or what we would get.  When I asked about the pricing and what we could get they never got back to me and 2 days later I just decided to get Subway.  When we booked the room I called the sales department and ordered strawberries and champagne to our room for when we walked into our room on our wedding night.  That never arrived and that was what I was most disappointed with.  Then we got a TV that maintenance later told us we were unable to order movies from.  They knew it was our wedding and they got about 7 rooms that people booked from them as a result of our wedding, and I felt more attention should have been paid to what they were doing in terms of what we were getting and service.  I will say when we expressed our displeasure with everything they tried to deal with it as best they could, but quite frankly with a kid and a 'one chance only' to get it right there wasnt much they could do and I felt they just came up short.  Out of everything about our wedding I was most disappointed with them.

Richard Cash (officiant) - We really liked him - he was great to work with.  He put Ann Marie at ease and had the perfect balance of knowing when to take charge and knowing when to allow for personalization of the event.  Was always easy to get a hold of and if you need an officiant I cant see how you can do better.

Florals by Robert 732 828 1107 (Highland Park, NJ) - The flowers were beautiful, fresh and nicely arranged.  Mark was easy to work with, flexible and there pricing was the best.  Unfortunately they were 15 minutes late to the hotel on the day of our wedding which I called and laid into them about (that was my groomzilla moment) and after all the great work they did it's a shame the one negative I will say about them was their punctuality.   I will say they got to the church on time later though.

Re: 2/16 Wedding Vendor review

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards