New Jersey
Options

Venue Hunting

I went to Crystal Plaza and they were so proffessional and impressive. I felt really good about the location. They seem like they will show my guests a great time.

I also went to Liberty House and it wasn't as impressive as the pictures on-line. I am thinking of going back in the evening to see if I can see what the guests will see.

The Liberty House was more laid back and fun but the Crystal Plaza was more attentive to us and pretty too.

I am going to see West Mount Country Club and Addison Park between today and tomorrow.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venue Hunting

• Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Never been to Crystal Plaza (NMS) or Liberty House but have been to WCC & Addison Park - both are great choices. Good luck!

• Options
    DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding at Crystal Plaza.  My friend that got married there had an amazing cocktail hour.  I think they served evertyhing on the menu! The decor was  a little gaudy for me, but still elegant looking.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Westmount so I LOVE it there and they have been great to me and my family thought the planning. Tons of people have raved about them when I tell them I'm getting married there.  We also looked at Liberty House and I wasn't impressed. I also heard the food wasn't great from people who have been to weddings there.  I have heard good things about Crystal Plaza, but heard it is a bit over the top.  Depends what look you want.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FWIW, the Liberty House has been absolutely fantastic to work with so far - and my wedding there is in 6 days. I agree about it being more laid-back and fun - that's why we chose it! It's a totally different vibe from Crystal Plaza (which I've heard is also fantastic), so it's a matter of personal choice/what you envision for your wedding.

I'll come back at some point after the wedding/honeymoon a give a full review of LH, and will try to give an earlier quick review if I run into any major snafus or issues with them this weekend; but like I said it's been all smooth sailing with them to date and they've even gone above and beyond on a couple of things for me.
    My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 4/10, Dx: MFI IVF planned for April/May
  • Options
    LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the Westmount.  Went a wedding there and the food was fabulous and so much of it.  Love the outdoor terrace off the big ballroom.

Did you look at the Venetian?  LOVE the food there...
  • Options
    maddie7maddie7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about looking at the Pleasantdale Chateau?  Its just amazing.

My friend had her wedding at the Liberty House, while the view is amzing, she was very upset that most of the guest spent the night outside away from what was going on inside and at times the room was very empty.  So I guess great views can work both ways.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you check out The Rockleigh or Pleasantdale Chateau?  If you have any questions re: The Rockleigh, let me know as I'm getting married there in less than 3 months!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards