New Jersey
Options

Crusie girls?

So IDK if this is the right place to be asking but did anyone spend the day at an all inclusive resort on any of the islands?If so how do you go about paying for it and how much does it run? Is it true all inclusive like food and drinks?TIA

Re: Crusie girls?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Julia, Tiffany just did a day at Sandals in St Lucia on her cruise. I was talking to her about it last night. Page her if she doesn't respond.  What island do you want to do it on?
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey hun!!!! I was thinking St. Lucia. Where you are staying. We booked our excursions yesterday but most of them are like 3 hours and we have like 7 on the islands. In St. Criox we arent even doing an excursion.Ill check out your post..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're staying at Sandals Grande St Lucia when we're there. That's where Tif did her all-inclusive day on her cruise too.In terms of Sandals, Irene may be able to help ion terms of the cost of a day pass, etc.  She's very familiar with Sandals resorts.
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok thank you LOVE!!!!
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I got a free pass through my mom, but the normal price is like $200, which I think is a bit pricey to be honest.On islands that I didn't do tours I just went to the beach and relaxed.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tiff - What did you think of the Grande in St. Lucia?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OOO that is pricey.. We are doing a cruise in 2 weeks for our honeymoon on royal caribbean adventure of the seas.  St.Criox seems to be the island that we are not doing anything on.. Im confused as to where the cruise ships dock and where the beaches are. Obv you can tell this is my first cruise. LOL
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    edited December 2011
    I thought it was nice! There were lots of different rooms options, but even the most basic room was still modern looking and very clean.  The pool was nice with a swim up bar (which it's sad, but that's one of those things I look for when booking a resort!)The beach is gorgeous and a stones throw from the pool. I was literally sitting at the beach with the pool right behind me.  The ocean view was beautiful.It wasn't overcrowded. We went to the beach at like 10ish and there were tons of open spots with umbrellas.  I've been to lots of places where you have to go reserve you spot by like 7 or you can't get an umbrella and chair, so this was nice.Which room do you have? There were some that were directly connected to a pool which was very cool.  Then there were these Rotundo rooms that were awesome.  The rooms are round and have a fence around them. It's like your own little villa. You have a private hot tub, small private pool, outdoor shower, the works.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    edited December 2011
    That was the cruise I was just on! This is what I did:Barbados- went to the Boat Yard, which is a pretty cool beachSt. Lucia- went to SandalsAntigua- went zipliningSt. Maarten- went to the beach (Super easy to get to by water taxi for like $3)St. Croix- went kayaking
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tif - our cruise stops in Barbados too.  How far was The Boatyard from the cruise dock? Did you just take a taxi? how much?
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    edited December 2011
    I forget what we paid for the cab, maybe $5 per person or something around there.  The Boatyard is $10 per person to get in, but includes a free drink, beach chair, umbrella, and taxi back to the boat.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How was the cruiseship? We have a balcony which I hope makes the room "bigger." LOL Did you try Portifino's? We booked a dinner there for one of the nights! We are doing a catamaran snorkel beach trip in barbados to swim with the turtles which I am VERY excited about. but most of the excursions are only 3 hours so I would think we would want to sit on the beach after. Do you think we have enough time? But if they are right there I dont think we should have a problem.. I AM SO EXCITED
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    edited December 2011
    Portofinos was EXCELLENT! It was the best meal I had on the boat.The ship is really nice. We parked our butt by the adult pool every day.  It's a bit quieter and there's less people there.I wouldn't worry about overbooking your trip. Honestly, on the days that I did tours I didn't really have a desire to get changed and go back out to hit up the beach.  You definitely have enough time to though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok I am soooo excited you just MADE my DAY!!! LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tiff- thank you! We actually have the swim up lagoon room you are talking about- there are a few rooms connected to each pool.  Did you see the inside of them?  I wish we could have the Rondoval room, not what we were looking to spend, but yea- the look awesome!
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    edited December 2011
    The inside of all the rooms were nice! Clean and modern- which is the way for me since I'm easily skeeved out :)
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    edited December 2011
    I forgot to add, in Antigua on the pier is the most amazing Coconut drink. I swear to god, it changed my life. I have never had anything like it in my life. Pure deliciousness.  It's this little hut on the left hand side right across from a band that will be playing.  It was hands down the best drink I ever had IN MY LIFE!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards