New Jersey
Options

Opinion- Online STDs: tacky or cost-affective?

Hello, ladies... I am just curious about if you feel like online save-the-dates are tacky or better (for certain people).  I know that many older people would still need paper ones if they don't use email, but for younger guests, do you think it's more cost affective for me to just email them?  Or is that really tacky?  Thanks for any opinions!

Re: Opinion- Online STDs: tacky or cost-affective?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My vote is for tacky. If you want to save money don't send paper STDs to everyone, and spread your date by word of mouth to everyone else. Or, I could see sending INDIVIDUAL emails to people letting them know when your wedding is. But much more casual and personal than a typical STD. Something a long the lines of...."Hey Anna, what's up. Frank and I just set at date, it's 5/8/10. Hope you'll be able to make it."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kind of tacky if you are having a more formal wedding.  I did postcards to save some money.
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    you could really find some cheap deals online.  i got 100 STDs for like $30 from vistaprint, customized, color big magnets.  $5 envelopes from staples, regular stamps, it wasn't that bad at all.  either do them STDs in print, or not at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    agree with pp. we got one email STD and the whole year until the wedding I kept asking DH what their date was because I didn't have a reminder anywhere in front of me and a year later it was lost in my email somewhere...
  • Options
    aquagurl612aquagurl612 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you can get 100 postcards from vitaprint.com for the cost of shipping ($8?) I would do that over the mass e-mail. There are plenty of ways to keep your buget down without being tacky
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I don't see a big deal, since (a) you'd be saving paper and (b) STDs are not required anyway.
  • Options
    DeirdreAnneDeirdreAnne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for your opinions and thoughts!  I can definitely see all of your points and I will keep them in mind as I decide.  Maybe I can find a happy medium... isn't that the job of a bride???  Keeping everyone happy??? Hahahah, sometimes I feel like I am walking a tight rope!  Thanks again for all your posts!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's tacky. It is not traditional and as pp said it's not required. We are much more Internet saavy than our parents were so I think young people would recieve it well.
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It should match the formality of your wedding. So if you're having a very casual wedding, I'd say it's fine. If it's a formal event, I wouldn't do it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it is cheap
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards