New Jersey
Options

Reception Card Wording

For my wedding reception I am taking the restaurant's buffet package and venetian hour, spreading the food throughout three different rooms and opening up the different stations during a five hour period to give it more of a "cocktail" feel. There will be no large tables (except for two reserved for the grandparents) but small 4 to 6 person tables and no assigned seating. How do I word this type of reception on the reception card? My fiancé is afraid that I will mislead people by just saying "Cocktail Wedding Reception" because he feels people will not think they are being fed but I am afraid that I will mislead people by saying "Cocktail and Dinner Reception" because I do not want people to think that they are getting a sit-down dinner.

Re: Reception Card Wording

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That would honestly frustrate me that I am dressed up and have to eat and drink standing up because  the odds of me sitting with 6 tables is slim to none...I have no ideas on that...even in my cocktail hour room there is more than enough seating for the entire party...good luck:)
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is enough seating for everyone. The table sizes are 4 to 6 people at a table.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh sorry read to fast  I thought you meant 4-6 tables duh..lol
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    People will know that they'll be getting some sort of hors d'oeurves during a cocktail party. There always are. I would say something like "Cocktails and dancing to follow" or "Cocktail reception to follow." I think that's fine. I wouldn't bother with "wedding" in it because that's kind of obvious, and "and dinner" does make it sound like a sit-down meal.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp, cocktail receptions are just bigger cocktail hours, enough to eat just more of the choices.
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love this idea and thought about doing it for a while- but I really want dancing too so I was afraid it wouldn't work out. I wonder if you even have to put anything different on the card? It will still be "dinner" even though it isn't sit down.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think "Cocktail Reception to follow" is appropriate, but I would definitely do assigned seating. I've been to one wedding without assigned seating and it was madness. For example, 8-10 people crammed in at one table, 2 people at the next b/c their table's chairs were swiped by the people trying to sit with their friends/family at the other table.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards