New Jersey
Options

unity candle/sand ceremony alternates

Anyone have any suggestions for something to include in the ceremony besides the unity candle or sand ceremony?(We're already going to include a hand ceremony, so we're looking for an additional component).Thanks!

Re: unity candle/sand ceremony alternates

• Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is a hand ceremony?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    this is just an example from google lol.  Not sure why it's called hand "ceremony".    (Bride), please face (Groom) and hold his hands, palms up, so that you may see the gift that they are to you. These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, for a lifetime of happiness. These are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your eyes; tears of sorrow and tears of joy. These are the hands that will comfort you in illness and hold you when fear or grief fills you. These are the hands that will give you support and celebrate with you in your accomplishments. (Groom), please hold (Bride) hands, palms up, so that you may see the gift that they are to you. These are the hands that will hold you tight as you struggle through difficult times. They are the hands that will comfort you when you are sick or console you when you are grieving. These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the year, for a lifetime of happiness. These are the hands that will give you support as she encourages you to fulfill your dreams.  Our prayer for you today is that both of you will use these hands to build a marriage where all your dreams come true.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we found a lot of versions of this, so we're kind of copying and pasting different elements of the ones we liked
  • Options
    Jon&KristaJon&Krista member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    not trying to be rude, but the hand ceremony and the vows seems like enough to me.  if  wanted to do the unity candle or the sand thing, it would be good too...but anything else may get a little long IMO
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Krista I was thinking the same thing, but wasn't sure.  It's not a religious ceremony, so I'm worried it'll be over in 5 minutes!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oooh----i see. now it definitely makes more sense :)any reason you dont want the unity candle thing? i like th
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i meant to say i like it and it goes well with the hand ceremony
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not opposed to it, I was just looking to see if anyone had any other ideas.  We're hoping the ceremony will be outside if it's nice out.  FI is concerned it'll be too windy for candles!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    are there any readings? maybe someone can read your favorite poem or passage aloud (something about love)?
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Presenting flowers to your moms?
  • Options
    DiorAndKissesDiorAndKisses member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe a sweet poem or passage about love and family (short and sweet) that you could begin reading, have FI chime in in unison with you after a few words, and then have both parents chime in with the two of you still reading to continue the passage.  I don't know if that's do-able...it's just something I thought of when I heard "unity".
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was just gonna say the "Rose Ceremony" or a special reading, or poem, or song lyrics that mean something to you.  You could also have the ceremony musician play/sing a song you love, or if any of your friends sing or play something, have them do a song :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards