New Jersey
Options

What did you do with your dress...

once you brought it home?  The bridal salon told me to take it out of the plastic and spread the train out.  I haven't done that yet bc the wedding isn't until Sunday..I hate it being out in the open not protected by the plastic. But I'm afraid of it getting wrinkled too!Any tips?  TIA!

Re: What did you do with your dress...

• Options
    Heater020780Heater020780 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I picked mine up 2 days prior.  I kept it in the plastic and just unzippered the bag.  I took my train and spread it over a chair in my mom's room to prevent it from getting wrinkled.  It worked out great and the front of the dress was still protected in the plastic. 
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hung it up in a closet in one of my parents' guest rooms that didn't have much else in it, with a white sheet underneath it.  I would let it breathe and let it unwrinkle a bit.
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    brought it home 2 days prior, hung in closest, didn't remove until i put it on day of.  it was fine.  bridal shop should hang it properly for you.
  • Options
    mredynzmredynz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I picked it up I day before the wedding took the train out and spread it over the floor on a sheet to prevent it from getting wrinkled. Ileft the rest of the dress in the bag
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to the bridal shop 2 days before my wedding to pick up my dress. When i got there, they tell me i have to take it out of the bag as SOON as i got home. Um, i lived with my now-DH... how was i supposed to pull that off?! My mom ended up going the next day and picking it up for me and bringing it back to her house (i was getting ready there). She was terrified she'd end up with the wrong dress or something (even though she knew what my dress looked like as she was there with me when i bought it!). She took it out of the bag and had it hanging up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards