North Carolina
Options

Tuesdays Thankful

Soo lately, it seems like we've all hit some sort of rough patch.

While in class on Sunday, we were all talking about what we were thankful for and for me, it seemed to help, so I wanted  to ask you ladies.

What are you thankful for?

Me?
Dec 2009 my dad was diagnoised with stage 4 colon cancer. He beat it with chemo thank God and just had a check up last week to make sure everything is still gone and it is!

My riding job has picked up, so Im bringing in a little more money. It's not much and I get crap from some people about not having a 'real job' but its what makes me happy and DH completely supports me on  doing this.

DH and I are headed to Busch Gardens this weekend and I'm too excited! We didnt take a honeymoon and while DH doesnt consider this as ours (he's planning something bigger for later on) I'm counting it has a mini one since we never got to just get away :o)

Also, while I only know a couple of you knotties IRL I still consider you all my friends. Heck, I talk with a lot of you more than my RL friends Hah!

I hope everyone has a much better week this week and you're all in my thoughts! Cool

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Tuesdays Thankful

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Idea!

I am thankful for my husband. I'm thankful that he has a awesome job, that has allowed me to be home for the summer and take classes full time. I am thankful he has supported me 100%.

Even though I hated living here (DC) because the cost of living is so high and we cant get a house right away, I am actually enjoying it more and I'm glad that we can afford to live here and still have money left over to enjoy what this city has to offer.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm thankful for my wonderful DH who is being absolutely wonderful lately.  He hasn't officially started his summer job as a camp counselor yet so he is voluntarily getting up to take Lola out in the mornings and even packing my lunch.  And he is very supportive when the stress of finishing my master's causes mini breakdowns.

I'm thankful that my advisor is super nice and has a great sense of humor.  And really super thankful he has the patience to help me get through the horrible process of data analysis!  And he has even offered me a job as a research tech for the year between finishing my masters and (hopefully) starting vet school.

And so thankful I am getting close to finishing my thesis!!!

Can you tell that my entire life revolves around my thesis/master's degree right now? lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great idea!  I watched a show that suggested keeping a Gratitude Journal years ago and let me tell you, it's helped me get through some rough times.  If you have a wedding journal going try writing at least 1 thing that you're thankful for it in every day.  If not, then start a true Gratitude journal and write 3 things that you're thankful for in it every single day!  Start your day or end your day writing in it!  It will change your life!  (IT has mine!!)
    I'm thankful for my awesome FI, my friends that are always there for me, and my parents that I couldn't do this without!  (I'm one lucky girl)  xxoo
    Have a fabulous day everyone! Love and Happiness.....
    So Happily Married to the Love of my Life! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    great idea beka!! i totally feel the same way....i feel there is a separate family here and i talk to most of you more than IRL friends....and i have NEVER meet anyone from the board. that needs to change.....Wink

i am really thankful for DH and my family....this weekend we had a great cook out with his dad, step mom, sister and brother and they invited my mom over as well. we all had burgers and birthday cake and it was so nice to have everyone together.

i am thankful for all the furbabies that have been placed in our life. I know many will laugh at this but rescuing animals is a passion of our and i really feel like we have been blessed with the tools and time to continue this passion.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Good Idea Beka!

I'm thankful that FI's wrist is healing up well... his doctor is even thinking that he may not need to go thru PT, which is awesome! He's been sitting at home playing guitar hero all day, so I guess that's been helping get his movement and strength back in his hand and wrist. I'm also thankful of my medical billing and insurance knowledge, because I've been fighting with his insurance companies to pay his claims for a month now, they keep coming up with another reason to deny it. FI told me he would be completely lost on where to begin in dealing with the insurance companies, so I'm glad this knowledge has helped him.

I'm also very thankful for my daughter Natalie. She walked up to me last night and said, Mommy, I just love you! and kissed me on the cheek. I seriously teared up. I am a firm believer that you never really know exactly how deep love is until you have a child. Especially since I met FI after I had Natalie, even though he is the love of my life and I cannot imagine spending the rest of my life without anyone other than him, my love for her far surpasses my love for him and anyone else.

I'm thankful for my job... although it is stressful at times and I tend to have some meltdowns where I think I'll never get anything done or caught up, I remind myself that I love my job, I love what I do, and I'm so blessed that god has handed me this opportunity with pretty much no effort on my part, this job fell right into my lap... Not many people can really say they love their job, and I'm glad I can. I am also thankful that I have a job at all, because with the job market now, a good job is hard to come by.

And like Beka said, I'm thankful for all of you! I know we don't know each other in RL, but I do talk to some of you more than my RL friends as well! You guys have made my wedding planning much much easier! I would be lost without this board!

<3

Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LVCKLVCK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am thankful for my amazing almost-hubby, who helped me move yesterday and got a couple of others (strong dudes) to help.

I am thankful for my job offer, and that I can send off an acceptance today!

I am also thankful for my wonderful family and adorable kitty!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm thankful that Thursday is the last day of school for this year! :) We've been cleaning the room, tying up loose ends, and getting ready for our end-of-year awards ceremony & ice cream party with my students' parents tomorrow! I'm also thankful that DH and I are able to afford a honeymoon & that we'll be able to spend some quality time together in St. Lucia in just a few days!
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm a Dee-da-dee. . .

I'm also Thankful for my amazing Hubby who deals with my crazies and weird love of little critters. Amanda, we're like you, we LOVE to rescue, but then the question always arrises, whose rescuing who? :o)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm thankful for this post and reading what you all are thankful for! Brings a smile.

I'm thankful for my FI and my dog. I love them both dearly and I am truly blessed. They are sitting right next to me on the couch, its a beautiful thing.

I am thankful for the family I am marrying into. Its tough sometimes, but all in all they are great.

I'm thankful for my nannying job.  The twins are amazing and loving kids.  Its tough as heck sometimes but they teach me new things every day.  I also think it will help me later in life when we have kids. 

I am thankful for the life that I have.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am thankful for my wonderful family and my amazing FI.  I don't know how I would get through life without them!  I am also thankful for this post because I was having a rough day, but this helped to brighten it and made me realize that I have so much to cheer up for!  I am thankful that I can share my wedding details with all you wonderful knotties and get feedback on what I'm doing.  God has truly blessed me with so many terrific things, and I am very thankful for all of them!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards