North Carolina

DJs around the Triangle Area?

Hello all!  I'm planning a wedding in Raleigh and am curious about area DJs that might be good (and affordable)?  I really would like a mix of music, from R&B to oldies, and I'm trying to avoid too much cheesiness if possible : )  Let me know if you have any suggestions - and I just started planning, so I'm open to other local suggestions too!

Re: DJs around the Triangle Area?

• edited December 2011
    Joe Bunn DJ Company. Loved them, we had Ken who did a great job at our wedding.

also people will suggest All the right grooves, which is based out of Charlotte, but travel. They are reasonable priced, and have great reviews.
  • edited December 2011
    We just had a friend act as DJ, using iTunes on a laptop, but my friend used Ken from Joe Bunn DJ Company at her wedding last year and he was really awesome.  Meredith (a knottie on her honeymoon right now) just used Joe himself from Joe Bunn DJ Company so I'm sure she can tell you more when she gets back.  Everyone on this board loooooves All the Right Grooves, too, like PP said.
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm one that used ATRG. We had Bethany and she was soooooo awesome! Plus you can't beat the price!

She had EVERYONE dancing, but wasnt corny or cheesey about anything. It was all fun and professional :o)  Seeing grandparents out doing the cupid shuffle is amazing!

I think both companys book quickly so be sure to check your date with them. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I am using DJ Professionals... they are out of Wilson, and are very reasonable. I have heard WONDERFUL things about them, so I hope they are good. They are doing our videography too. They have a website... www.djprofessionalsandvideo.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    i would ask around on DJ Professionals, i personally found them very unprofessional and did not use them, i think there are others on (or used to be on here) here that had the same experience and were not happy with them as well

Forever Productions covers the Raleigh area and they are awesome!!
    www.foreverproductions.com rob and brian are great and definitely go above and beyond to make everythign special.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using ATRG for our wedding...so many great reviews convinced me...and they were super sweet when we met them for our consultation!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I heard that anything music dj in Raleigh are pretty good and they are very reasonably priced (695) for unlimited hours. They also do lighting and you can create your entire playlist so that you don't have to worry about cheesy music being played.
    Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    We used ATRG and they were amazingly fantastic.
  • LarrandyLarrandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I thought they might book up early so I wanted to hop on it - thanks for all of the suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards