New Jersey
Options

Random weight loss question

For those of you who went on a diet or started working out prior to the wedding... did any of you lose a certain amount of weight that your engagement ring felt loose around your ring finger?

Re: Random weight loss question

• Options
    Amerz20Amerz20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I can't tell you about weight loss. Randomly without losing any weight my ring came very loose where it literaly ould fall right off my finger. I had to get it resized and it fits great now.
  • Options
    SinthyaSinthya member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MH's ring did. He lost weight from when he got his ring sized to when we got married, so now he needs it sized again. Meanwhile, you're getting quite close there missy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sometimes bloating will cause that too.  If you eat a lot of salty things and then just go off of it and have water.And as synthia said - holy mothers you are getting so close!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit reading about how close it is to the wedding.  I am SUPER stressed. As for the ring... I'm clueless about this kind of thing.  How long does it take for a ring to get resized?  I'm planning on losing more weight prior to the wedding, so it feels pointless to have resizing done now.  Also, does this service cost a lot?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Resizing is cheap and took me about 1 hour.  You might also want to consider getting balls in your ring instead of resizing it.  If my finger swells it's still fine but if it shrinks in the cold it still stays on and it doesn't twist.  That's even faster and cheaper, as well you don't have to worry about if you gain a couple of pounds the ring won't fit.
  • Options
    melissamchiumelissamchiu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I first started losing weight, I put in the stabilizing balls.  But then as more weight came off and my ring would come flying off my finger, I had to move to using a ring guard (piece of metal they wrap around the ring so it makes it "smaller".  My jeweler doesn't reccomend resizing my ring until I'm done losing weight (since my band has diamonds on it as well; and resetting those diamonds multiple times is not good for the diamonds nor the metal).  Luckily summer/heat has helped as my fingers are slightly more swollen now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes def. I was going to have balls added but I gained the weight back to quickly. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards