New Jersey
Options

Office Max Invitation printin

I can't remember if it was someone on here or another board that said they used Office Max to print all their invitations. They said it was really cheap, like $18 for the printing and for all the cutting.If you've used Office Max, how long did it take them to print your invitations once you dropped off the paper and the templates you created?  Do they do it right then and there or does it take a couple days?
~Chelsea~
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Office Max Invitation printin

• Options
    acablitasacablitas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Chelsea,Are these for wedding invitations?  If so, I'm all ears.  We're getting our invitations custom designed, but if we can get it printed cheaper somehow, I'm definitely interested.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It was me!  But definitely not that cheap.  I had crazy invitations so I spent about $100.  Office Max has, by far, the most well-run print center of all the others - Staples, Office Depot etc, and the same or cheaper prices.  They will get it to you the next day.
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did that person maybe print in black and white? I'm pretty sure most of those places (Office Max/Depot, Staples, etc.) are similar in pricing, around $0.49 for a color page. So if you can fit 2 to a page, that would $25 for 100 invitation panels...then there's the inserts. Still not expensive, but not $18. =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that person may have printed in black and white.  She said Office Max was significantly cheaper than Staples. I'm trying to print my invites on my work computer right now and it's not working so well. When I tested it out when I first got the cardstock, it worked fine. Of course now it doesn't want to cooperate!
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here is an example of my breakdown for 100 invites- Main Invite (2 per page) - 50 pgs @ .49 = $25Accommodations,Directions,RSVPs,were each (3 per page) - 33 pgs x 3 @ .49 = $50Each straight cut was $1.To cut the main invites, it takes 4 cuts = $4To cut the smaller cards, it takes 5 cuts x 3 = $15I think Office Depot charges $0.75 per cut but that doesn't make much of a difference.Smaller mom & pop print shops charge $1 pp for color printing so you can imagine it would be a lot mmore.Staples is probably ok, but they have seriously screwed up EVERYTHING I have ever given them, and I've spent a fortune.  I keep trying to give them a chance because they are so much closer than Office max, but honestly I think the problem lies in that they don't have real print technicians and a smooth operation the way Office max does.
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Veena--what kind of paper options did they have or did you supply your own?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry so late - I did supply my own but I didn't know that I didn't have to.  They had a lot of good options for me there.  Not quite as heavy-weight as what I bought but if I had known it was included, I might have made do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards