New Jersey
Options

s/o wearing white to s wedding

I had not one... But TWO people wear all white dresses to my wedding!! Albeit they were tight short whoreish white dresses but all white nonetheless. I'm pretty easy going about stuff like that so I didn't care but I still thought it was ballsy. Neither were directly invited...both guests.
imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: s/o wearing white to s wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry, I'm sorry! It was a dumb questions and momentary brain fart! Never again :) I blame the wedding being 2 weeks away!!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Someone wore an all white dress to my friend's wedding. I doubt my friend noticed or cared but I noticed and thought it was a pretty bitchy thing to do.
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We went to a wedding last year where a 60-something year-old woman was wearing a mermaid-style sequined white evening gown with a racerback. She definitely did not have the body for it. Plus she kept going up to 20-something guys on the dance floor all night.
  • Options
    SinthyaSinthya member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    someone wore all white to my wedding too. The teen daughter of a guest who I battled with MIL about even having there, but she made the cut through a compromise. Then the little cvnt wore white and didn't even so much as greet me OR MH.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think other guests notice and gossip more than the bride will since it's such a whirlwind. But it's like there are hundreds of cute non white dresses to where what are these ladies thinking???
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do these people not know, not care or just want to make a splash? I don't get it.
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    DH's cousin wore a mostly white dress with like a black sash. I was totally kidding and went up to her and was like, "White?At my wedding?!" I'm pretty sarcastic and she laughed. I thought about it later and I really shouldn't have said that. Despite me laughing it probably came across really b*tchy and she probably felt awkward about it.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding once where 2 girls wore white (I swear one of the dresses looked like an uber modern wedding gown)The DJ called them out on it and neither left their seats the rest of the night.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When I am looking for a new wedding dress I feel bad if I see a dress and it's black and white or even light in color.  I just don't know if it's right and figure if I have to ask than I won't be comfortable.
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When we went to Phyllis' wedding... Tiff froze in her tracks cause we saw a girl whose dress in the dimmly lit room looked white- i reassured her that it was in fact, light yellow---- I think I tend to wear black/neutral colors to a wedding. I don't want to stand out too much and take the attention away from the bride and bridesmaids.
  • Options
    Slento15Slento15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just going to say the exact same thing as Einat--I think other guests definitely notice more than the bride.  and i'll tell you what--i've been to 2 weddings in the past month where someone wore white (in one case, 2 people), and I definitely noticed and thought it was not cool.
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would talk sh!t FOR bride. She can't notice or do it, so the guests take care of it for her. =)
  • Options
    DiorAndKissesDiorAndKisses member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ddelo, I can't believe two people wore white hoochie getups to your wedding.  How clueless!lol This topic is so appropriate right now!  Last night FI and I were talking about how irritating it is when women wear white to someone else's wedding.  One of my friend's mother in law wore all white to her wedding.  Yikes! I also (geez sometimes I'm immature...ahhh well!) had a few minutes of fun blasting one of FI's exes for wearing white to a wedding (I came across an old pic yesterday...that's how the convo started).  White to a wedding = Class-tastic! ;)(Linz...I do not mean any of this to make fun of the question you asked in the other post.  I'm sure your pre-wedding brain is causing lots of fluster.  Def check out that NYandC dress someone posted.  Super cute.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dior and Kisses, I love that you gave me a disclaimer because boy do I feel like a dumba$$ now! Thank you!!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i guess im in the minority and i am going to stick up for the naive guests that realy dont know. I wore white to a weding when i was like 15. My aunt got it for me and said it was fine so from then on i didnt think anything of it..mind you my next wedding that i went to was like 11 years later but i stil didnt have a clue. my dad's wife wore a mostly white dress and my initial thought was oooo the knotties would have a field day with her! i laughed to myself a little when i thought of that, but i really didnt care. She is a sweetheart and i know there was no ill intent at all. Now all that to say i am sure there are those that know/knew of this fashion faux pau and do it anyway...but i dont really think my fam/circle knows oh i remember my cousin told me she had gotten a white linen pant suit for the wedding and again in my mind i was like oooo if only she was on the knot!!

~Declare it..Claim it..It will be!!~
    imageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickersimage
    5/9/09: Plans, Pics, F/S 11/10/10: BFP Chart Baby Ds Stuff & Coupons!! WTH has Obama done so far!?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually thought it was ettiquet to NOT wear white to a wedding. Actually a friend of mines close close friend wore white to her wedding I was hummm ODD! IDK I thought it was common knowledge to NEVER wear white to a wedding IDC if the bride is in a red dress.. Thats why I dont get the whole White bridal party dresses.. I think white is for the bride only. IMO
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    originally, the function of a bridesmaid was to trick the "evil spirits" that might come after her on her wedding day- so the idea was the the bridesmaids all wore white too so that the spirits didn't know which one the bride was. Still wouldn't want bm in white, but theres a fun fact for ya!
  • Options
    melissa721melissa721 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My MIL wanted to wear white to her wedding. I can't with that woman. I went to a wedding in the April where the girlfriend of the GROOM'S BROTHER wore white. REALLY?!

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks 

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

TFAS since February 2013--BFP on cycle 1!

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

SA #1 - Slightly abnormal shape, #2 - very low count

Follistim + IUI 3x = BFN, BFN, very late BFP with super low progesterone --> c/p

Moving on to long protocol IVF with ICSI and PGS in August 2014...how in the holy hell did I get here? FU 2IF.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards