New Jersey
Options

Rec NYC bar for engagement drinks

My best friend got engaged and I would like to get everyone together for a small celebration at a bar / lounge after work on Wednesday.  Can you rec a nicer place that isn't too loud or crowded?  Only thing I think of is Flute.

Re: Rec NYC bar for engagement drinks

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I like Divine Bar West, Flute is nice but Bubble lounge is more comfy.Rouge wine bar...I can think of more, what area of the city?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Divine looks really good!  Thanks!  Looking for something in midtown anywhere in the 30's-50's, can be east or west side.  Trying to make it central so ppl can get there easily after work.  Thanks for the suggestion, it looks really good.
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Felice Wine Bar 1st & 64th is a great little place.  That is where I hosted my friend's bparty. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wonder if braserie 8.5 is still there
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Einat (teamaande) and Allie.  Those are the same places I would recommend.  I would maybe add Vero to the list, if you want to be on the east side.  And Accademia di Vino if you're looking for food too.  Clo Wine Bar in the Time Warner Center is an interesting experience, and Ava Lounge has neat views.Allie, I can't believe you know Felice-- one of our neighborhood favorites (okay, our only neighborhood favorite) on the UES.  We went there all the time!User, Brasserie 8 1/2 is still there.  The food isn't all that great though.
  • Options
    acablitasacablitas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I def would recommend Divine Bar as pp have recommended.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the Flatiron Lounge.  It is really classy and they make fun and different cocktails.
  • Options
    StrunellaStrunella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Late to this post, but we had our engagement cocktails at Pravda--it's a Russian martini bar on Lafayette. They have a small, private room upstairs that was closed to other guests for 2 hours. It was a perfect cozy spot where you could actually have a conversation without yelling.
    043_zps1fe83f13 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards