New Jersey
Options

Venue Help

We have looked at 7 venues so far and really like a few (Tides, Atrium). The problem that we're having is that our guest list is about 125 people. The places that we like want a minimum of 200 people for the room upstairs. We do not want to have our reception downstairs in a room with no windows. This weekend we are going to look at Il Tulipano and Nanina's. Does anybody have any other recommendations?Thanks! =)

Re: Venue Help

• Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My venue only has a 100 minimum, which is nice.  Its The Grand Summit.  I'd also recommend Mayfair Farms and Madison Hotel.  Their minimums were lower.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ok, that takes out Woodcliff manor, how about the Graycliff, Empire Club, The Manor, Wilshire Grand, Venetian, Seasons, cant think of the rest on my mind, if I do I will post them.  I am not sure about season and venetian mimimums, but the others should be in the 125 range...Nanina's on a saturday, will probably want at least 175-200 in season....What other venues did you visit and why didnt you like them, that might help us know what you want.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Reilly - I got married at Grand Summit too, I loved it so much - let me know if you have any questions. (Get the corned beef for the carving station, people are STILL talking about it and my aunt tried to order one from them for Easter) The min for a Sat. was 150 for us, though at the time (we booked in Feb 07) and we negotiated it to 125 since it was off season.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am trying to think of the place in Verona accross from the park, but it eludes me.... someone will chime in with it
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wilshire Grand offered me a 100 person minimum for a Saturday night in December or January - again, though, this was in February 2007.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Richfield regency Brad
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Brad are you thinking of Richfield Regency ?? I would suggest the Empire Club or the Graycliff also.. What day are you looking for? month? price per person? area?? that would help also with narrowing down venues
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you got it, it has been a while since I looked at reception halls.
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    anotherNJbride- wow, that is nice to hear.  All I hear are raves from everyone about The Grand Summit.  Jimmy is also head of the NJ restaurant association this year, so it makes me feel very confident about the food.  The minimum is only 100 due to the economy so that was really sweet.  We were thinking about the corned beef, so now we will definitely do that!  Thanks! Was your picture taken there?  Its pretty!
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Try Costa del Sol in Union. They have a really pretty outdoor dining room that's all glass; it reminded me of a greenhouse.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married 3 weeks ago at The Atrium in the downstairs room..I loved it if you have any questions just ask;)
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • Options
    bmg1209bmg1209 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are looking for August 2010, either Friday or Saturday. About $120 pp max. We would also like to get married at the venue in an outdoor ceremony. We didn't like the room downstairs at The Tides because of the low ceiling. Also, some people told us you could hear the music from the room above. I appreciate all of the feedback!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Macaluso's fits your budget and I believe their minimum would fit you for a Friday. Empire Club definitely fits your budget and minimum as does the Graycliff.
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i had 100 guests, if you are willing to cross the border, i cannot recommend my venue (chateau hathorn) enough.  fits 130.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    not sure if you wanted friday or saturday, which would be helpful to us, Macaluso wanted 175 minimum for us on Saturday in season
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The room at Nanina's is really big, and I think it will look empty with 125 people, but see what you think. (Also I think their minimum is higher than that?)You could do the smaller room at The Villa at Mountain Lakes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think to best help you we need to know are you looking in season or off season and Friday or Saturday, it does make a big difference.  Also where are you looking to have it?  Where is the church?  Perona farms would work too, it gets some great reviews and some average ones.  But I think the average ones are cause of hearing about the great ones,.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oops, sorry
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I didn't see the budget part...is 120 with or without tax/tip?
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nanina's minimum is 150. Did you look at the Manor??
  • Options
    daysygrl17daysygrl17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Barnyard and Carriage House in Totowa.  We had a min of 75.  The room is pretty (in my opinion) and they can easily and comfortably fit your 125.  We ended up having around 100 guests.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a min of 125 at Perona Farms. They've got lots of outdoor space for cocktail hour/ceremony. And for a summer I think they're at $120ish.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely better off going with a Friday.  You should check out Knoll Country Club East.  That will fit your minimum, price, and an outdoor ceremony.  I was able to negotiate the West for a 125 min but we were in off-season (April) and on a Sunday.Good thing about Knoll is that it's only one affair at a time and if you do Sunday you can pick the time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ravello's in East Hanover has a really nice outdoor ceremony area, and quite reasonable in price.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could try the Bridgewater Manor.  They look for a 150 for the room upstairs, but downstairs is just as nice, has a wall of windows and are in your price range (tax and tip included).
    Holly & Brendan
    Wedding date 10/8/10
    EDD 5/9/13 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Naninas on a Friday and my minimum is 175.  I believe a Saturday is 200.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out IL Villaggio, they don't really have a minimum that i know of and they are in your price range during certain times of the year.  www.ilvillaggio.com
  • Options
    jtheissjtheiss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Perona Farms in June. They let us define our minimum, they have an outdoor space for the ceremony and another for the cocktail hour with an indoor hall for the reception. For a Friday night in June we're paying $90pp before tax and gratuity (Saturday would have been $120). I'm very excited about it, I think it will be lovely! Another option might be the Manor in West Orange.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married in the downstairs room at Tides - couldn't hear the mustic AT ALL from the upstairs room... The low ceilings bothered me too...at first, but it really was a beautiful turnout, the food and everything was amazing and the outdoor area (which we got married there too) was perfect :)
  • Options
    las1977las1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Room downstairs at Bridgewater Manor - we are using this room and the minimum is 130 for a Saturday afternoon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards