North Carolina

Asheville Weather: April or May?

Hi Everyone, my fiance and I are looking to have an outdoor wedding in the Asheville area. I am in Raleigh and April here would be beautiful and warm but I am concerned about Asheville being too cool. The venues we are looking at are cheaper in April and April works better with my schedule (teaching), but I want my guests to be comfortable and for me to not freeze my butt off in my dress. Any thoughts on April vs. May in terms of weather for the outdoor ceremony?

Re: Asheville Weather: April or May?

• April is usually very nice in Asheville, with its unpredictable weather of course. Asheville isn't as cold as Boone and Blowing Rock so it's comfortable in April.
  • Yeah, I'd say it's a gamble though. Last April we had GORGEOUS weather with everyone jumping the gun on garden planting because it was so warm and sunny. And then BAM, April 16th I think we had a major frost! So really, it can be nice, but it could also be rainy and cold. (Which I guess could happen any time!) We are supposed to have a very cold, snowy winter this year so I'm not sure how long that will last. But it is true- we are much milder than other areas in comparison. Where are you looking?
  • If you are going to be having an outdoor ceremony in the Ashville area I would really encourage you to do it as late as possible..May or even June.  The weather, while it can be beautiful in April, is really unpredictable.  I'd even consider June.  Are you attached to April or May for an emotional reason?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • We honeymooned in Asheville in mid-May and it was PERFECT. It did rain a day or two, but it wasn't a miserable, cold rain. If anything, it made for beautiful photos when the sun came out and rainbows were everywhere. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards