North Carolina

Need advice from NC Coast brides!

I am having my wedding at the beginning of November. I would like to have an outdoor wedding but in NC it may not happen because of the weather. My main concern is the temperature. I looked it up and the average lowest temperture for November on record was 45-50, the highest was in the 60-70 range. So, with that said my question is would you risk it? I don't want to freeze my guests or make them suffer in the heat if it is unseasonably warm.

Thanks.

Re: Need advice from NC Coast brides!

• edited December 2011
    Yes definitely!!  I have been to so many November weddings and as long as you go with the first or second week, you should be fine.  I always thought I would have a November wedding if I got married here.  The leaves will be at their peak that time of year so the fall foliage will be beautiful.  Mid-November can be windy and a little chilly, but early November is usually perfect. 
  • edited December 2011
    have you already set your wedding date?
  • bryantobryanto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We chose Nov 3rd! You just made me feel a lot better. I will get a plan b just to be safe.

• edited December 2011
    I think that sounds like a lovely time to get married! I think you'll most likely be alright with a Nov. 3rd wedding planned outside. Where are you looking to get married (as in what town)?
  • bryantobryanto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We will most likely get married in New Bern. This is where most of the family is so it works out best.

By the way, I appreciate the help. I was worried. I was having trouble finding a suitable venue.

• edited December 2011
    I agree with everyone else.  I would recommend having it in early-mid afternoon though.  Morning and Evening may get a bit chilly for an outdoor wedding. 
  • bryantobryanto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So, do you ladies think 4 or 5 would be too late? Just because with the reception I don't want to feed the guests too early but don't want them to freeze at the ceremony.
  • edited December 2011
    I think 430ish ceremony would be perfect. The sun sets at 6:30 on the 3rd. Most ceremonies last about 20 minutes (ask your officiant how long it will last).  You will probably want at least an hour of daylight to be left after the ceremony for outdoor pics.

sample timeline:
    430-450 ceremony
    5pm family formals (these can take 10-30 min depending on family size)
    5:20 outdoor pics

• edited December 2011
    I agree, I think it will be perfect and beautiful.
  • bryantobryanto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies! I appreciate the comfort.

Thank you CLTKate for the timeline also. I will definitely use it.
  • edited December 2011
    I think an outdoor wedding would be fine at that time of year, I didn't read all the other responses, someone may have already mentioned this, but if it is for some reason very cold, you can always have outdoor heaters on standby at the rental place incase you need them. :o) Good Luck!

I would also plan for an earlier in the day wedding, so you all will be finished with the reception before the cold nighttime air comes in.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bryantobryanto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good thinking Mrs. Fraser. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards