New Jersey
Options

Invitation wording help

Hey all, I need some help with invitation wording.  We want to do the following style: Bride’s ParentsRequest the honor blah blah blah of their daughterBrideToGroomSon of Groom’s Parents Now if we were to do it that way, how do we put our names?  Obviously our last names will be shown by our parents last names.  So do we leave the last names out for both of our names?  Do we both get our last names?  Does only he get his last name?  Sorry I’m an idiot and I don’t know anything about wording invitations!  Any input would be appreciated.

Re: Invitation wording help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I did my mom full name requests the honor of Dana Lynn to Terrell Lamont, son of terrell's mom's full name.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *not using our last names either (see below) Parents names will have the last name.
  • Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No last names for you and FI just first and middle. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    DS0305DS0305 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    See that's what I was thinking.  But then the problem I forgot to mention is that he doesn't have a middle name.  So I'm thinking it would probably look stupid as Dana Marie to Steven...unless I make up a middle name for him just for the invitation haha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ahhh I see your point.... I'd still do Brides parents request your arse be there Dana Lynn to Stephen son of .... or whatever your middle name is haha i'm not tryin to steal your fi.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    vanessapodunkvanessapodunk member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did our full names because my mother has a different last name than me and I did not include fi's parents names. It flowed better with the last names. If it sounds weird with just steven try it with adding both of your last names.
  • Options
    DS0305DS0305 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Geez this is just so difficult.  I figure it looks silly as just "Steven", if I put both of our last names it seems like the last names are there too many times, and if I put his last name and not mine that just seems weird.  I'll have to keep playing with it to see how it looks.Why couldn't he just have a middle name?  His mom made it difficult for me haha.  I never realized I'd care so much about how the wording looks.  I'm sure it's not going to affect our guests in any way!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did my first and middle name. And used FI's first, middle and last.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dana, what if you don't put his parents names? and then you put his last name? it's an option, but not sure if you're willng to do that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    or.... Mr and Mrs. Joe Smith Request the honor of your presences at the marriage of Dana Lynn to Stephen Larson son of Joseph and Mary on september 18th.......
  • Options
    DS0305DS0305 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I could do that...but then I would feel guilty not including their names.  I feel like it's the nice thing to do.  It probably would be easier that way, considering then I would obviously need to put his last name in there since his parents wouldn't be.
  • Options
    melissamchiumelissamchiu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used full names across the board for all of us - my parents, me, fi and fi's mom.  A little repetitive but for whatever reason, it looked better to me that way...and we both have middle names
  • Options
    DS0305DS0305 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I guess it looks like there's really no right or wrong way to do it.  I guess I'll just have to play around with it and see what looks the best.  Thanks all for your suggestions!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used full names too. We had a completely different format, but DH doesn't have a middle name either. It just looked better with our full names.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did my first and middle name and just FI's first name b/c he doesn't have a middle name. It doesn't look bad.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Partymixx27Partymixx27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did full names across the board too, even though we both share the same names as our parents, just as a personal preference.  No one ever calls us Jennifer Lisa or Anthony Michael so to have our full first and middle names on the invite without our last names following sounded funny to me. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used full names for everyone. It was just easier that way. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You use your first middle, and for him Mr. First Middle Last. (Except where there is no middle). Weird, but that's the traditional way to do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards