North Carolina

Recommendations for a romantic anniversary dinner in Downtown Charlotte?

Heading to Charlotte next Sunday for the Panthers game and our anniversary will be that weekend as well so we are staying at the Dunhill and looking for some recommendations for a nice place to have our anniversary that night?  I've been looking online and it seems a lot of places are closed on Sundays:( 
TIA!

Re: Recommendations for a romantic anniversary dinner in Downtown Charlotte?

• Well I used to live and now work uptown so I am happy to make some suggestions!

Restaurants Uptown:
    Bentley's is a steakhouse in the Charlotte Plaza building on the 27th floor.  It's expensive but DELICIOUS and has the best view of the city I have ever seen
    Aria - service can be hit or miss but the food is fabulous and they have great cocktails
    Basil - upscale thai food - dark lounge-y atmosphere
    Mimosa Grille - another great place with a seasonal menu that changes with what is fresh and local.  Somewhat "southern" inspired but still upscale, refined food

Not Uptown but nearby (within a 5-10 min drive)
    Vivace - "trendy italian" food.  Reasonably priced and has a gorgeous patio
    Dresslers - never eaten here but I know it's very popular.  My fiance's company christmas party is usually held here!
    Good Food on Montford - small plates, menu changes seasonally, everything is fabulous
    Soul - this is a gastrolounge in plaza midwood, an artsier part of town that serves a combination of small plates, sushi and tapas.  I have dreams about the fried goat cheese bruschetta.  This place doesnt take reservations but will let you call ahead - it also has an awesome art gallery/wine bar below it for cocktails before dinner.

Let me know what you decide - some of the places uptown are hit or miss but there are definitely some hidden gems.  The wine bar, Wooden Vine, next to the Dunhill is delicious too so I would check that out for a drink or two - not really "dinner" worthy but worth a stop in.  If you are looking for something more specific feel free to PM me and I will happy to make some suggestions! Enjoy your trip!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards