New Jersey
Options

madison hotel

ok...so i like the menu /atmospherere at the madison hotel but i heard from friends a few years ago that attended weddings there that they had mixed feelings...any one have recent feedback?also what about the grand summit hotetl? thx ladies!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: madison hotel

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My company has their holiday party there every year, and I love it, not my type of atmosphere but the food as never been bad the 2 years I have gone.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiances mom had her engagement party there 2.5 yrs ago in the room with all the glass and we really enjoyed it.  The staff was very attentive and the food was great.  I would def. recommend it.
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think if you like it, you should go for it. Its really a nice setting.  My fiancee took me there for dinner, and it was fabulous- why not go there to eat?  We were in between there and The Grand Summit.  We are having 150 people, and that glass room is too tight for that.  I attended a wedding there and it was elbow to elbow at the tables with that many.  So if you are under that, you would be fine.  Besides that we stacked the menus next to each other, and Madison Hotel charged extra for seafood in the cocktail hour and for a beef choice with dinner and didnt include a viennese hour as  Summit did, we liked the history of the Summit and all they offered so we went with them.  If you go with Madison, dont pay what they ask.  We left and that guy Jim? called us within a half hour and lowered the price by 10 dollars a person.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My brother was in a wedding there and he said the food was not that great... BUT it was a Kosher wedding, so I'm not sure what the regular food is like. We looked at it for our wedding. I really liked it but had an issue with it being so close to the road, because cocktail hour would have been outside and I didn't like that. Also, I wasn't crazy about the fact that if it was an indoor cocktail, you had to go to the downstairs room under the conservatory. I felt like the ceilings were low and cramped (I heard a few similar reviews when I posted asking about this hotel a few months back) However, the conservatory was beautiful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    VoltinxiVoltinxi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were in between those two also and we pretty much went with grand summit not madison b/c of the reviews I read about food and service and then actually meeting the people in charge of weddings. I have not heard bad things about madison just more enthusiastic things about summit. though the look/ambiance isn't for everybody especially if you are thinking something more modern.
  • Options
    leah2bleah2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a good friend's wedding at the Madison and loved it!  It is a nice hotel, cocktail hour was great, food was good, and I don't remember ever waiting at hte bar.  Also, it is so convenient because it is also a hotel and your guests can stay overnight without worry of driving.  THe rooms were very affordable (I think only 129 per night).  Also, there was a nice bar in the hotel that everyone went to for hte afterparty.   It had the whole package.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards