New Jersey
Options

Kleinfelds Girls

Did you request the sales person you wanted?  If so who did you choose?

Re: Kleinfelds Girls

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't but I should have ... mine was terrible...(In related news: I was in the background of this week's Say Yes to the Dress! Very tiny and blurry... my mom and sis got better screen time =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes. I had Keasha and loved her! You should watch the show to see which personalities you think you would click with.
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just Jen- who did you have if you dont mind me being a nosey bride?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did! At first they said keisha wasnt available but luckily she had a cancellation before i went in. She was wonderful!

~Declare it..Claim it..It will be!!~
    imageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickersimage
    5/9/09: Plans, Pics, F/S 11/10/10: BFP Chart Baby Ds Stuff & Coupons!! WTH has Obama done so far!?
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Request someone. I went and my salesperson sucked. Her name is Patricia, she's not on the show. Another knottie had her and didn't like her either.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She's not one of the ones on the show, and I forget her exact name. It was something like Magdelena, but I don't think that was exactly it...She literally barely spoke to me, and acted like a) the dress I was describing was impossible to construct (even though I had pictures dresses in that style) and b) I was totally putting her out.
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    edited December 2011
    I requested Keasha but she was unavailable for my time so I then requested Debbie based on a knottie's advice and from watching the show. I loved her, she was a big help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't request anyone but I was lucky with the saleswoman I got. I had Lisa H. (she's not on the show) She was great. She really listened to what I was looking for and she was not pushy at all! I fell in love with a dress that was over my price point and she didn't try and force me to purchase it, I felt very comfortable.
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did not (it was pre-show anyway) and I also ended up with someone who was horrible.  Pushy and incapable of pulling a dress that was at all my style (she kept trying to put me in these big pouffy get-ups that the girls in the rooms around me liked, even though I made it clear that they weren't my style).  Then she seemed a little put off when I left without even having any contenders in mind.My best friend met with Keasha when she looked at Kleinfeld's.  She was nice and much more low-key, and was able to find a dress that was very different from what my friend had described but that she loved (although she ended up buying a different dress elsewhere).  As soon as the rest of the staff saw the glimmer of "maybe I'll buy this?" in her eyes though, the managers and owner paraded her out to the main area to do the "OH MY GAWD, YOU LOOK GAWGEOUS" then to start the hard-sell.  The pushiness was a huge turnoff for my very reserved and refined best friend and her mom.  So even though Keasha is lovely and very helpful, other people involved in a sale can be very pushy and used car salesmany, in my experience. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't request anyone and had Barbara.  I had a good experience with her and found her pleasant to work with but I may not be the best example.  The dress I ended up buying was one I found myself when they let us look through dresses in the stock room. She ended up not even needing to pull very many dresses for me since I found two that I absolutely loved right off the bat.Also, I went in there really hoping I would buy a dress that day - it was less than 8 months before the wedding and my mom was only in town for the day.  I can see how it could be considered very pushy when they take you in the main area for everyone to ooh and ahh over you but I was already sold at that point so it didn't bother me.
    My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 4/10, Dx: MFI IVF planned for April/May
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I had Magdalena too? She was useless. Thank goodness my two best friends are, um, assertive. One literally went into the back room where nobody is supposed to go, and got out dresses for me to try on. The salesperson just stood there. I mean, she was nice, but didn't bring us anything. I was lucky that my best friend found my dream dress for me (at a trunk show too!) and I got it. But literally the girl was no help. I'll be smart and ask for a seamstress recommendation before I go!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    dianenjnjdianenjnj member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    as soon as my daughter's dress is fitted and picked up i'll give you all the total lowdown!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't mean to thread hijack but I have another related qu - have any of you ordered a swatch of your dress through them? How would I go about it - do I pay, etc? I don't plan to get my veil through them and want to make sure my veil is a perfect match color-wise.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sorry...to answer the question i'd ask for diane, deb, or keesha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lolawe didn't...you get it at your first fitting.  although unless your dress is a very different color...not white or ivory, i don't think it would matter.i'll let you know my daughter has her first fitting nov 7 and we plan to bring the headpiece and veil (that was ordered though e bay and etsy)....so we'll see.  i figure ivory, even if it's a shade off really won't be noticeable.
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    edited December 2011
    Utoh Diane... e-mail me this saga.. I have to know before I even call. Dana.Daddario at verizonwireless.com Has anyone used Sara?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks alot for the feedback, Diane. I prefer to order a veil before my first fitting so we shall see. Definitely keep me posted when you go and good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you really just have to go and experience it for yourself because I didn't have any of that pushiness. They brought me out to the main showroom a couple of times but I never felt pressured into picking a dress that I didn't like. And aside from Keasha the only other people that talked to me was Randy (who's I think is super annoying and useless, but not pushy) and the manager girl with curly hair can't remember her name and she's the one that measured me.We had a very similar experience when we went to look at MOB dresses. In both cases we were the first appointments of the day and the store wasn't super busy yet so maybe there wasn't that sense of urgency of making the sale and staying on schedule that early in the day?I've never worked with Sara, but from the show I'm not really a fan. I don't think our personalities would click.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went with my friend when she got her dress, also before the show (I think they were starting to tape episdoes, but hadn't aired yet).  She didn't request anyone, but had Kesha and loved her.  And like Seabass said, she didn't have any pushiness from other people.  I mean she did go out into the big area to get the "full effect" but no one was around there pushing the dresses on any of the other brides to be.  And Kesha found her dream dress for my friend, for half of what my friend was looking to spend. 
  • Options
    FutureMrsF111FutureMrsF111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My appointment is Oct. 24  Is it too late to watch a few episodes and see who I think I want to work with? based on these posts im thinking of calling today and requesting Keasha.
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    edited December 2011
    I would call now. Dont wait Future Mrs.
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience I did not buy my dress there but I didn't feel any pushing from anyone. I thought everyone was only helpful when called upon. I know my sales person Rita asked Randy and her boss once or twice to help me decide between the two I had on but no one pressured me. She pulled about 6 dresses for me (3 then 3) then after that she took me in the back room and I pulled about 3 more. I was there for about an hour and a half. I actually felt more pressured at other stores. People from other shops would call me even when I told them I didn't want to be called and I would call them.Rita was very sweet, a little older, and she spoke Italian which was great because my mom spoke to her in Italian (mom was born and lived there till she was 16) so for us it was a nice experience.
  • Options
    melissamchiumelissamchiu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I worked with Sara and couldn't be happier.  I actually was NOT expecting to buy my dress that day - just to continue trying on.  I had a dress in mind and though it was a little above my budget, it was my last resort if I didn't find something else.  Well, Sara found me my something else!  I also went into the main area a few times to see the "big" picture but never got the sales pressure.  When I was down to the top contender, Joan, Nicole and the owner did come over and do the oooh-and-aaahh's thing but they were NEVER pushy.  No one was.  Overall, I've had a great experience with the store.  I'm going for my second fitting tonight...so if anyone has questions about how good alterations are, you can ask me tomorrow!!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I worked with Jen Raymon and we totally clicked--she knew exactly what I wanted and I ended up buying the first dress I tried on. You can request a swatch from them at no charge but it might take a few weeks to come in they say--but mine only took a few days to arrive. I have my second fitting on Friday and cannot wait!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I worked with Sara too.  She did an ok job.  She talked a LOT...so much that I actually had a hard time concentrating.  She didn't show me that many new dresses that I hadn't already tried on at other salons.  I definitely felt like she expected me to make a final dress decision at the end of the appointment.  No other salon ever pressured me.I just don't love Kleinfeld....they are pushing and the lighting is horrible.  I felt like it was one big tourist destination.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards