New Jersey
Options

Reading trouble...

I never thought finding people for readings would be so difficult.  FI has been dragging his feet about asking people on his side of the family and now we are less than 3 weeks away and I havent been able to finish asking people on my side because I dont know how many people on my side will be needed.  People keep turning it down left and right too.  This is one little detail that shouldnt require this much stress.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Reading trouble...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    not sure what kind of ceremony you are having, but we had a full mass and only needed 2 readers. we wach asked one of our god parents.
  • Options
    emt16emt16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are having a full catholic mass, we need 3 readers, one for each reading and the prayer of the faithful.  My godmother is doing one reading, FI godmother cant decide if she will do one and my third one is just being a pain to located......its the little details that are starting to drive me up a wall..
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All of our readers were from my side, so if your Fi is dragging his feet, just ask your people and get it taken care of.  And as Erika said, if you are doing catholic mass, you only need 2 readers, we had 3, could have had 4, the priest offered to read anything that we didn't want to get readers for.  Just a suggestion if you are having a tough time. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, your priest can certainly read the prayer of the faithful if you are having a difficult time finding people.
  • Options
    emt16emt16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    30may09bride - did anyone think it was strange that all the readers were from your side, that is kinda my concern.....
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    who is honestly going to care? people are usally itching to get out of church anyway.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Erika, no one really cared. And I am sure that few people even realized that they were all from my side. We did try to ask DH's niece, but she really isn't into public speaking, and I had so many more options, we just went with my side.      
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The first two readers we asked said no and I was a little surprised, but then asked two others and it all worked out OK.  I know what you mean though, at first I though asking readers was not a task I was actually going to need to stress over
  • Options
    emt16emt16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone. I got 2 people commited so now I have just one more. We are going to still try and see about FI godmother but if she doesnt want to there is a family friend on my side who does this regularly so we dont expect a problem. I am keeing my fingers crossed.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds promising!  Good luck with the 3rd person!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards