North Carolina

All-inclusive wedding reception packages near Raleigh/Chapel Hill?

Hey y'all! This is my first post, so bear with me. :)

I'm getting married in October (of this year, I know we're crazy) in Raleigh, and we both currently live in Chicago. I've been trying to get a sense of what is reasonable to spend on the reception, and I'm gravitating towards places that offer packages since it means less planning from afar for us.

What are the most inclusive/best priced reception venues you know in Raleigh or Chapel Hill? Our ceremony will be in Raleigh, and we're willing travel about 30 minutes to the reception. We're shooting for 100 people or less, and we're hoping for a more vintage, rustic, cozy feel.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: All-inclusive wedding reception packages near Raleigh/Chapel Hill?

• I'm getting married at 1812 Hitching Post in Harmony (near Statesville).  It's a 200 year old farmhouse and the ceremony's outside under a 275 year old oak.  We couldn't find an inclusive package in the Triangle that offered everything we wanted within our budget. All that to say, you'll likely have to compromise on something, whether it be the location, the budget or the vintage-rustic-cozy feel
  • Do you have a budget in mind?  I'd suggest if you can't find a place that does a package that you contact a planner to do a lot of it for you.  I'm using Tia from The Perfect Plan for my day of services, but I know she does full planning as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_all-inclusive-wedding-reception-packages-near-raleighchapel-hill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:1f66cd3d-07c9-49ad-a473-cbefe51bf083Post:d4f6a096-8670-4973-bd96-f22528a480bd">Re: All-inclusive wedding reception packages near Raleigh/Chapel Hill?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have a budget in mind?  <strong>I'd suggest if you can't find a place that does a package that you contact a planner to do a lot of it for you</strong>.  I'm using Tia from The Perfect Plan for my day of services, but I know she does full planning as well.
    Posted by SCogs18[/QUOTE]

This was also my thought. You may even be able to save some of your budget going this route because All-Inclusives tend to be more expensive. It'd also be helpful to have a planner since youre out of state.

Anyways, Good luck with planning and congrats on your engagement! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hey Bubbles, I'm getting married at the Wakefield Country Club  - it's in North Raleigh on a golf course and it is a completely all inclusive package ranging from about $10K-$35K depending on what food/bar options you pick.  The building is older and actually does have a vintage feel to it.  I can send you their wedding package with prices if you inbox me your email address. 
  • Ditto wedding planner. I used Erin McLean. She's great and I'd highly recommend her. A planner can make a non all inclusive venue all inclusive for you. Rustic--can't beat The Pavilions at The Angus Barn, but it's pricey and books far in advance. Love The Stockroom and Cobblestone Hall in downtown Raleigh. Our reception was at The State Club. It's not rustic, but it's a wonderful venue with a great manager. Good luck.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_all-inclusive-wedding-reception-packages-near-raleighchapel-hill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:1f66cd3d-07c9-49ad-a473-cbefe51bf083Post:48f75575-835a-4646-8f4d-22cfc2fd09e2">Re: All-inclusive wedding reception packages near Raleigh/Chapel Hill?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: All-inclusive wedding reception packages near Raleigh/Chapel Hill? : This was also my thought. You may even be able to save some of your budget going this route because All-Inclusives tend to be more expensive. It'd also be helpful to have a planner since youre out of state. Anyways, Good luck with planning and congrats on your engagement! :)
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Yeah, I'm using Tia from The Perfect Plan as well. She's great. I'm sure she can help you. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you all so much for your advice! We have started looking for some wedding planners who are on-the-ground in Raleight to help us work within our budget. :)

I'll send my email address, kwilliams!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2012
    I can't figure out how to send you a message (newbie alert!), but I don't mind sharing it here.

PS I was looking at your bio trying to figure out how to send the message, and I think we went to UNC together! I used to know Corey Inscoe and have met both you and Jeremy!!! I don't know if you remember me! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bubbles, under a posters post, it says 'Private Message'. Click on that (for the poster you want to PM).

Otherwise, once you get the email from the knottie you're waiting to contact, I'd suggest removing your email address from this post by editing it. You don't want to get spammed (which does happen). Plus, it looks like you're using a personal email which contains your name.

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • SCogs18SCogs18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    OP, I know the owner of Wakefield Country Club, but was unaware he had all-inclusive packages.  He is a very reputable guy and owns several clubs in the area.  I'm sure your wedding would be lovely if you went that route.  Google "McConnell Country Clubs Raleigh NC" and you can find all his properties.

I've also heard AMAZING things about The Pavilions at The Angus Barn.  It is a beautiful, rustic space, but it is very classy.  Don't think that just because I say "rustic" you can't have a classy event.  I know one woman who had a $100,000 event at this location.  You would definitely need to book farther in advance, but you can't beat the Angus Barn's customer service and food.  I go there every single year for my birthday, with out fail.

I've also heard good things about The Stockroom, but I have never been there.  I know they have a 200 person limit for the ceremony and use chairs, not pews, if that matters to you.  You also have to rent EVERYTHING, from tables to place settings.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Oops, just saw your post, Bubbles.  I was checking my private messages instead of the board.  Email sent =)  And yes - I am who you think I am.  Haha!
  • Hello my inbox is mmmalone07@gmail.com

I was wondering if you still had the info, and if you would be willing to share?

Thank you so much

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_all-inclusive-wedding-reception-packages-near-raleighchapel-hill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:1f66cd3d-07c9-49ad-a473-cbefe51bf083Post:9b501180-5729-445a-b1e0-341a96a92b35">Re: All-inclusive wedding reception packages near Raleigh/Chapel Hill?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Bubbles, I'm getting married at the Wakefield Country Club  - it's in North Raleigh on a golf course and it is a completely all inclusive package ranging from about $10K-$35K depending on what food/bar options you pick.  The building is older and actually does have a vintage feel to it.  I can send you their wedding package with prices if you inbox me your email address. 
    Posted by kwilliams111012[/QUOTE]
  • Hi there! I'd love to email with you. My sweetheart and just decided we will get married in Raleigh this October and we also live in Chicago! : Would love your advice. Best, Karen
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards