New Jersey
Options

WDYT-Signature Drinks

At my sister's wedding a few years ago...each BM picked their signature drink which was displayed at each bar...so people could order a Jessica or whoever.I was thinking of doing this...but I have a huge bridal party, so instead I was going to do a drink each for bride and groom, best man and maid of honor...and then maybe let the BMs all pick one drink for all of them..and same for groomsmen.Am I thinking too much into this?  feel free to tell me to shut it, just got back from menu picking so now I am in ultra 'wedding mode'

Re: WDYT-Signature Drinks

• Options
    Amerz20Amerz20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why not just do bride and grrom drinks, or other option is to do a couple of drinks that will match the colors of your theme?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hmm..maybe...although the colors are brown and gold...are there many delicious brown drinks?  aside from Malibu and Coke?  ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A wedding we went to recently had one for the bride, one for the groom, and one for each of their parents. I thought this was cute.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They also don't have to be in your colors per se.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking of doing a Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue but you could do a Bride, a Groom, and a Bridal Party drink ... if you have flower girls/ring bearers you could name a non-alcholic drink after them?.....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking of a shirley temple for my niece (FG)...and possibly the same for my whiny little nephew ;)I like the idea of having cute named drinks...The Katie Cosmo or whatnot (lol)...but I have 10 BMs so that might be a bit much.
  • Options
    Amerz20Amerz20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know a lot of people that like mudslides.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hopefully I can get all the girls to agree on a drink (not that is REALLY matters if they ALL like/love it) but I like having their input on this type of stuff.Do you think the venetian will do a "Groomsman Keg Stand?"(kidding btw)
  • Options
    Kathy8684Kathy8684 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Espresso Martinis? That might work with your colors!
  • Options
    MisoHappyMisoHappy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shots of Patron Cafe? Those are my favorite!
  • Options
    acablitasacablitas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think signature drinks are great!  We're thinking of doing that as well.  And, as pp said.. It doesn't necessarily need to be in your colors.  :)I would def say have a bride and groom drink.. then 2 other signature drinks in addition to that.
  • Options
    DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG! i love those, MisoHappy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    maybe just bride and groom, but the rest is getting out of control
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The rest is too much. We did bride (electric einat) and groom (absolut avi) and the drinks matched our colors but by chance. we had a dirty vodka martini (so green for olives) and blackberry mojito (purple)
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's way too confusing for guests and for the bartenders.  Signature drinks are often not great tasting even if the bartender is only making 1-2 varieties, so if he's making 10 of them that he doesn't know well it may be a disaster.  I think having many signature drinks may be an instance of trying to overpersonalize things (and since so many people have signature drinks at their weddings, I don't think it makes things all that special).
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Blackberry mojito sounds delicious, Einat!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards