New Jersey
Options

The Tides - North Haledon

2»

Re: The Tides - North Haledon

• Options
    edited December 2011
    also with the low ceiling you really cant do a bocquet toss, it would be more like a turn around and underhand it to someone kind of thing.  That may not matter, but different people have different emotional attachments to things with a wedding.
  • Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not a fan of the tides, but I am not a fan of venues that do more one event at a time.  With that said I was just in a wedding in August that used the downstairs room.  I felt that the ceilings were very low and the fact that it has no windows I did not like either.They also had their ceremony there and we did see the other wedding that was going on.  In fact we were taking pictures outside and they came out with us to take pictures not to far from us.  They also had people walking around that the photographer had to stop a couple of times to make sure that they were not in the picture.  Also when you come into the venue you do come in and share part of the venue.  I also know that we were mingling (sp) with the other wedding for a little while as we waited to go downstairs.  The food was good nothing fancy, but good and the wait staff was also good.  The Matre 'd was also very attentive. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I just got married there in August and it was awesome! Everything was great from start to finish! We were in the upstairs room so I can't comment about downstairs, but I will say that I never saw the other brife that day and we were all inside due to the rain. All of my guests are still raving about the food and we have some picky friends!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I meant see the other "bride".I will also add that they did do shots, just in regular glasses.   As for pictures upstairs in the lobby.....since it was raining and both ceremonies were at the venue, we all did our pictures inside.   We used the upstairs area and they used downstairs for their photos.   I never saw anyone the entire night, even up until we were leaving...we never saw anyone!   As for people coming in, they have people standing at the door to direct you to the right place.  It really wasn't a problem.  One great thing about the Tides is they are very good with negotiating.  I was able to get them to throw in some extras at no charge, along with lowering the price per person and minimum.   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    they try to let you think they allow shots, like they will do something like a lemon drop and put it in a large glass, but they wont do straight alcohol.  We went to a wedding there and they wouldnt allow it, except you could sneek it into the bridal sweet.  Also when we went there to talk to them, we said we will be doing shots at our wedding and so will our guests so you need to allow them, and they said flat out, the tides has a no shot policy.  even if they didnt the ceiling is just too low, and the dinner room is too small.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Brad---I just got married there ONE MONTH ago and my guests and myself were doing shots...they just put them in regular glasses! and again...it is a BRIDAL SUITE!!!!! not sweet  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    at the bar they allowed shots like vodka?  not lemon drops in a larger glass?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yes...we just asked them to put them into larger glasses and they did it.  Maybe we got lucky with the bartender we had but we were doing them.
  • Options
    racheyt0227racheyt0227 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had no problems tossing my bouquet in the downstairs room..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jeez, I am picky and all but i never even thought of half of these things, like possibly not being able to toss a bouquet. I think this is the least of my worries.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can toss the bouquet...I went to a wedding in the downstairs room and the bride tossed her bouquet without a problem...don't worry about it!
  • Options
    JessK81JessK81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked the downstairs room, even though my guest list number borders on the larger end for that room.  The upstairs room was gorgeous, but for the amount of guests we expect (120-150), I worried it would have looked empty.  Plus, with the downstairs room, we got a great rate and like someone said, they are fantastic about throwing things in (we got the Viennese table and raw bar included without even asking).  Yes, the ceiling is low, but unless you are inviting people that are very tall and like jumping up and down on the dance floor, it will be fine.  You can still have tall centerpieces,  it just doesn't look as nice with a lower ceiling. I know they try to stagger the wedding start times, and only allow one ceremony to happen at one time.  Personally, I don't care if someone else is also outside taking pictures when I am, unless they start jumping into my shots!  Speaking of shots, I think it's more common for venues not to allow shots than to allow them.  Really, aside from after dinner cordials, I think not having shots is fine.  It's open bar, everyone can drink as much as they want!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards