North Carolina

Seamstress Olga mssing bride Nicole's phone number

Hello all,

My seamstress asked me to post this. She told a bride she would call for her fitting when the dress was ready, but forgot to write down the phone number.

The seasmstress is Olga Samrskiy.
The bride's name is Nicole.
The wedding date is 4/23/11.
The dress is David Tutera by Faviana.

If this is you or someone you know, please give Olga a call!

Re: Seamstress Olga mssing bride Nicole's phone number

• edited December 2011
    sounds like a pretty crappy way to do business...shame shame shame
  • uneek1323uneek1323 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I know everyone around here loves Olga, and I personally don't have experience with her, but this seems a little odd. I can't imagine after all those years of business and all those brides that this rookie mistake would happen.
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • edited December 2011
    Yikes!
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge "Can't Live Without It" Snack
    Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip
    Lucky I'm in love with my best friend!
    June 4, 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i wonder if she's ever lost track of who's dress is who's....or even altered the wrong dress for the wrong person. 

but this isn't the first time she's been known to have sloppy record keeping. 
  • ktyd8ktyd8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure the bride will be calling her sometime soon to find out where her dress is. Her wedding is less than a month away so I'm sure she won't wait on Olga to call her.
    ~Kaitlyn~
    Anniversary
    My Chart
    DX PCOS 2002 @ age 14
    DX Diabetes 3/12
    My Diabetes Blog
    TTA until ?
  • edited December 2011
    Olga just finished my dress and she did an AMAZING job... she is no doubt great at what she does....BUT...I agree that he way of organization and overall business is not that great.

There is no contract.... she does not let you know the price until its ready (origionally my price was 300 and it turned into 500 overnight. This was because it was origionally an 18 pt bussel (sp?) and it turned into a 32 pt.... which she called and asked if this was okay but still)...

She's very sweet but on my final fitting I went in there with a bunch of family and friends and I felt very rushed :( I was hoping to take pictures and such and we were in and out in like 20 mins. I may have been in my dress for like 5 mins.
  • edited December 2011
    I  am going to her for my alterations. I was curious does she steam the dress for you? I assumed so but wasn't 100% certain.  I am nervous about having my dress altered but I know from all the great reviews that it will be fine and she will do a wonderful job.
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_samstress-olga-mssing-bride-nicoles-phone-number?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:22fa6688-c8df-4f33-a105-00ad00f793b3Post:0a121a98-c34d-4ddc-bf75-768408ff8fa7">Re: Seamstress Olga mssing bride Nicole's phone number</a>:
    [QUOTE]I  am going to her for my alterations. I was curious does she steam the dress for you? I assumed so but wasn't 100% certain.  I am nervous about having my dress altered but I know from all the great reviews that it will be fine and she will do a wonderful job.
    Posted by mgbarbry[/QUOTE]

Yes, she can steam it for you. I believe when I went to her over a year ago, it was like $20 for the steaming? This could have changed though, but Im sure it's not much more. Maybe $30?

I will also say I was seriously stunned when I got my final cost in from the alterations, BUT she had given me a qoute of what it might cost. She knew that I was on a budget and was understanding to that so she gave me different options (as far as the points went). It still came out to be more than expected, but in the long run, it looked amazing and I wouldn't have gone to anyone else.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    You need to let Olga know if you would like the dress steamed.

Also, just to compare, my friend and I both got our dresses at Victorian Rose Bridal. I had my alterations done with Olga. My friend had her dress altered at V.R.B.

My total cost, including my RD dress was around $250.  My friend was told $400....long story short she ended up paying $300ish. I had WAY more work done and the price was a good bit less.

I'm super happy with how everything turned out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards