New Jersey
Options

POLL: IF MONEY WASN'T AN OBJECT.....

2»

Re: POLL: IF MONEY WASN'T AN OBJECT.....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I picked out my ring too :o) I also have to agree that it is funny that you think a carnival themed wedding is super tacky, but would have chosen a baseball stadium as your #1 choice. Not saying it's a bad thing, just funny that one thing is so vastly "different" from the other. Bonnet Island...good thinking...LOVE the pictures I've seen of that place!
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No I wouldn't have gone anywhere different. I would have added an hour onto the reception. Another option would be to have had it at the Ocean City Yacht Club (near where my H's family is from) and paid for transportation and/or accomodations for our guests. The place isn't extravagant at all - probably cheaper than what we paid b/c it's BYOB - but it was 2 hours from my church. We could have had the ceremony early, gotten on buses to OCNJ, and had a normal-timed evening reception.
  • Options
    emt16emt16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope - there are other things I may have changed but not my venue
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    well you do have a pretty amazing venue 12002pooh ;)
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Uppereast- I would have also gone to New York Public Library. However the fees are $65,000 with NOTHING included. My coworker looked into it for her wedding and even for her it was too expensive. I love the big steps out front and I worked for the Lincoln Center Branch when I met FI so the NYPL in general has special meaning for the two of us.
  • Options
    dnldjttdnldjtt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kle0113 i SOOO agree with you Bonnet Island is amazing.  I found that after I picked my venue and made a hefty deposit.  Oh, well. I still like where I am though.
  • Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't get me wrong I loved my venue, but I would have loved to have had my wedding there.  In order for that though MH and I would have been saving for at least 2 years. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No where else. I loved my venue more than I ever expected!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We wanted Florentine Gardens but it was a little out of budget. I also like the Bonnett Island Estate too.

Tara & Jose 10.17.10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would have gotten married at liberty science center, museum of history, MSG. Something very different. I would have paid for anyone that wanted to stay at a hotel closest to the venue.

~Declare it..Claim it..It will be!!~
    imageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickersimage
    5/9/09: Plans, Pics, F/S 11/10/10: BFP Chart Baby Ds Stuff & Coupons!! WTH has Obama done so far!?
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pleasantdale Chateau!!!! The tour was fabulous itself!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wait to rent Yankee stadium for a weddding is $18K without food!?  We are paying a little less than that for Mallard Island (new property form Bonnet Island owners) without food so Yankee stadium sounds like a deal!
  • Options
    danafromslopedanafromslope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Either the Venetian or Pleasantdale....although I Love LOVE the Rockleigh....its more the convenience of the Essex location and the beautiful grounds....
    Success after 3 years of trying! Due May 2013.. BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    no, we got married at the place we always dreamed of. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I loooved Pleasantdale Chateau, but it was very expensive for a Sat. night.  My parents would have gone for a Fri. night, but FI wanted a Sat reception.  I literally teared up when I walked into the ballroom.  Plus I loved how each room was so different throughout the mansion.  I also wanted to hang out beforehand in the "man cave" which was equipped with a sweet pool table.  Erika...I was a guest at a wedding at the Jasna Polana, and it was INCREDIBLE!  My friend got married outside in the gardens.  The cocktail hour was throughout the house...and the reception room.. Well, it was just gorgeous!  We ate surf and turf (lobster tail and filet). Ah....good times.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I don't think so. I adore Westmount. I may have looked into places in the city though. The most expensive place I looked at was Pleasantdale and I hated it. So not worth the money.
  • Options
    kimberlyseakimberlysea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was fortunate enough to have my dream wedding in the islands..  (it took the second time around though).  Having both a "big" wedding here in NJ (although, I even wanted a destination wedding for that one-that should have been my first sign that the marriage was a mistake).  Having both--the destination wedding just blows it away.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards