New Jersey

Bridal Shower - Cleaning Poem

I was wondering if anyone had a version of the "cleaning" poem that is sometimes done for bridal showers?  The one where you read a poem and the words match up to a bunch of household products.  I found 1 or 2 versions online but I wasn't crazy about them and I thought there were other versions out there.  I am helping plan a shower for next saturday and we would like to do this for the bride.Thanks in advance!

Re: Bridal Shower - Cleaning Poem

• LMGreene85LMGreene85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Household Poem #1It is only fair that we let "her name" in on a little SECRET. " (his name)" may be FANTASTIC but wait until she finds out that he is not MR. CLEAN. He'll expect her to be a DYNAMO in the kitchen and he thinks all women should MOP & GLOW. At night he'll wake you up at DAWN to SNUGGLE up close. We all AGREE that "her name and his name" will have a very happy LIFE together. Our wish for you is that your home be filled with JOY and you remain as happy as ever in the FUTURE.orHousehold Poem #2Dear (her name), You are entering a new ERA. There will come a THYME in your marriage when you find (his name) is not always MR. CLEAN, but don't send out the S.O.S. because he might VANISH. (his name) will always bring you CHEER and you will find JOY, so remember your PLEDGE and give him your ALL. To (her name and his name) the Best of Luck & Good Fortune in the years to come. And may (his name) always be your HONEY...my mom didnt know what agree or future were so she sort of combined the two of these and ditched the products she didnt know. GL!
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ha, I'm glad you printed this because I'm now remembering that my mom did this for my cousin's shower when I was about 12. I remember the last line was, "We wish you [open packages 10 and 11]," and the last two items in packages 10 and 11 were a bottle of Joy and a package of Always maxi pads, and I thought I was going to die from embarrassment because my mom was displaying maxi pads in front of everyone :P
  • dianenjnjdianenjnj member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oooo, am i the only one that finds this poem stuff tacky/cheesy?
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just wondering -- what do you do with this poem at the shower?
  • dominoe611dominoe611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh i agree that it is cheesy!  its more of a joke than anything else becuase the bride is probably one of the messiest people alive!  and it's entertaining for the guests - there is only so much oohing and aahing over gifts that you can take! uppereast - you get a laundry basket or bucket and fill it with the cleaning products listed in the poem - as the poem is read you pull out the product that you mentioned.  
  • edited December 2011
    I found this poem and really liked it, since I Love my wine :)I don't know if it would apply to any bridal showers you other girls may be throwing.A basket of wine for a special pair - wrapped in all different colors for you both to share. We hope that you are both always as happy as today. Please share this wine just the way that we say. First, drink the champagne - the bottle all wrapped in lace - on your first married night in your new chosen place. The silver one you must wait to unseal 'til you have your first guests over for a meal. Love as you might, you'll have your first fight... Drink the blue one while you make up all night. The gold bottle is for Thanksgiving; to toast to the love-filled life you are living. The winters in your hometown might get a bit cold, drink the white bottle during your first snowfall. The green bottle's for Christmas, so put up your tree, drape the ceilings in mistletoe and get tipsy On January 1st, while sharing some kisses, drink the purple bottle to toast the New Year as Mr.. and Mrs.. Drink the pink bottle, romantic and sweet, when it's time for your newlywed Valentine's treat. And when your first year of marriage is done, drink the red bottle in honor of anniversaries to come. Cheers to Bride and Groom on the start of their lives together - may this basket of wine symbolize the beginning of your forever.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We did the Panty poem for my friend....It was cute and she got alot of nice panties out of the deal....she recently told me that she has been getting a lot of use out of the blue ones because she is trying to have a baby...lol
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • dominoe611dominoe611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what is the panty poem?!  i am intrigued!
  • edited December 2011
    The wine one is so cute! It's the same idea as the candle poem, but I'd much prefer all the wine than a bunch of candles.
  • edited December 2011
    Think I found the panty one online. Bridal Shower Panty Poem The bridesmaids have a secret to share About our little bride She is obsessed with underwear And that we cannot hide So for our little panty queenWe gathered up some twineAnd working as a friendly teamWe made a panty line. Alternate verse if no clothesline available:So for our special panty queen We'll make her feel just fine By working as a friendly team To form a panty line. (Bride's name) these undies are to last you All throughout your life And (groom's name) will be pleased to say He has a sexy wife! So listen up to hear about Your lifelong panty plan These underwear, we have no doubt Will last your whole life span The first are for your wedding day Of course they are pure white We know (groom's name) will shout, "Hooray!" When he sees you on that night The next are for your honeymoon They're sexy and all lace We hope you'll leave your hotel room 'Cause (honeymoon destination)'s a gorgeous place! On Valentine's you'll wear this pair Before you hit the bed Cuz Cupid's arrow in the airShoots tushies that are red After a year has passed you'll face Anniversary number one With these you'll surely have a blast 'Cuz leopard's so much fun! Purple or an alternate color or print could be chosen in place of leopard in the verse above Then when the time is right for you And don't be saying, "Maybe" You'll wear your little pink or blue In honor of your baby And when your years of wedding bliss Become the big 2-5 Don't worry - you'll just slip this on To keep the sparks alive When finally you're old and gray With these you can't go wrong 'Cuz sorry (Bride's name) but at that ageYou just can't wear a thong  
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh my god!  I would DIE.  Also, I don't know how I feel about wearing underwear in honor of my baby?  Isn't that a little John Phillips?
  • Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The bridesmaids have a secret to share About our little bride She is obsessed with underwear And that we cannot hide So for our little panty queenWe gathered up some twineAnd working as a friendly teamWe made a panty line. Alternate verse if no clothesline available:So for our special panty queen We'll make her feel just fine By working as a friendly team To form a panty line. (Bride's name) these undies are to last you All throughout your life And (groom's name) will be pleased to say He has a sexy wife! So listen up to hear about Your lifelong panty plan These underwear, we have no doubt Will last your whole life span The first are for your wedding day Of course they are pure white We know (groom's name) will shout, "Hooray!" When he sees you on that night The next are for your honeymoon They're sexy and all lace We hope you'll leave your hotel room 'Cause (honeymoon destination)'s a gorgeous place! On Valentine's you'll wear this pair Before you hit the bed Cuz Cupid's arrow in the airShoots tushies that are red After a year has passed you'll face Anniversary number one With these you'll surely have a blast 'Cuz leopard's so much fun! Purple or an alternate color or print could be chosen in place of leopard in the verse above Then when the time is right for you And don't be saying, "Maybe" You'll wear your little pink or blue In honor of your baby And when your years of wedding bliss Become the big 2-5 Don't worry - you'll just slip this on To keep the sparks alive When finally you're old and gray With these you can't go wrong 'Cuz sorry (Bride's name) but at that ageYou just can't wear a thongPretty much the same as the one above....but she appreciated all the nice panties she got out of the deal...lol
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    There's another way to do this poem. You wrap all the products individually and put numbers on them in the basket. You have the bride read the poem and where all the product names are supposed to be you write the number she's suppose to open and reads the name aloud. We did this for our now SIL and it was cheesy and fun because she was wondering what was next.
  • Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a BM in a wedding next October I'm going to steal the wine one. Bride/Groom are a huge fan of good wine!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards