New Jersey
Options

Coaster Favors

So obviously really bored.  I am doing coasters and truffles as favors.  I really like the photo coasters because if someone wants to put a picture they can if they don't they don't have to (no I will not put our picture in there)would you rather a photo coaster or a regular coaster if you had your choice.  These are the photo coasters I am considering.

Re: Coaster Favors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Or something like this (I will not do season specific or 'wine' or 'love' stuff)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What do the other coasters that you are considering look like?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly I dont know, I don't want "theme" specific I want something that is general.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    just through browsing and not going theme these popped up
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    this is expensive, 4 bucks a favor, I am doing a second per person favor.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ehh not really diggin the idea to be honest with you - I think it'll be another one of those favors that people just won't use.  If I were to pick I'd say the cherry blossom ones are better than the first couple you posted Go with the edible
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing both Kris, reason being I won't feel bad if one goes to waste (coaster per couple truffles per person).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BTW Kris, that was meant as a "I am doing edible too" I just figured, in my house coasters are at a low lol.I dunno, I want to do the two favors and loved the coaster idea and all of a sudden my bride brain changed :)
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    If I had to pick, I'd say the cherry blossoms. They're pretty. (But we also have a branch/vine theme with a lot of our decor.)But to be brutally honest, I wouldn't really want coasters at all. Sorry. But since you said you're definitely doing them, I'd vote for cherry blossoms.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the photo coasters :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    But to be brutally honest, I wouldn't really want coasters at all. Sorry.I appreciate the honesty from both you and Kris, I just don't know what to do on top of the edible, I guess I'm stuck in a time where you give an actual favor.  I chose the truffles to add to it so I could do something edible with it. (those I bought boxes for so can't kick those to the curb lol)I know I said I was def doing them but I'm easy persuaded lol.
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    edited December 2011
    I don't get why the truffles don't count as a favor to you. Do you feel that a "favor" is something that you can keep for a long time?I guess it depends on what your guests like. I'm not a keepsake type of person, and I'm picky about decor and stuff so I don't like other people picking out my home furnishings. Not to say that I'd be mad or unappreciative to get a coaster. If I had the choice, though, I'd pick the truffles instead.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I definitely think I see it more as a keepsake.  I had another thought of two edible favors.The truffles (which I am getting from a cheaper place that kavarrone recco'd) but then a more expensive edible item, chocolate covered pretzels from Red Bank Chocolate.  They are absolutely my favorite chocolate place, and live up to that from others who have had their stuff.My question is, is this too much.1 box of 2 truffles per guest1 box of 2 chocolate pretzels per couple.
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    edited December 2011
    IMO favors are not required at all, so I think that anything you choose to offer is more than enough.I think it's just a matter of priorities and budget. If you weren't spending some/all of that money on favors, what would it go toward?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Actually nothing, when we did our budget it was off of the truffles and coasters (which is what we said from the beginning).It would just stay in the account, or well I am a woman I would find a way to spend it :)I gotta say MB you have my brain going though, I have some thoughts now that would work...good way of course.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing favors for a friends wedding in Nov. She is doing heart shaped sugar cookies with monogram per quest and 3 choc cover pretzel rods per quest. I love edible favors and never think it's too much lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    guest*** wtf was that! LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    K-wanna discuss off the board the pretzels?  I'm really contemplating and well its even better then RB Chocolate :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm on FB =)
  • Options
    Amerz20Amerz20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if anyone asked but why are you doing 2 favors? What about 1 favor and a donation? That sort of what we did.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to do an edible and another.  No donation because we donate to 3 very important charities this time of year and will always do it, I would rather do a donation as i normally do and add to it (as we will be this year), I personally don't want to do it because we are getting married.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd rather get the truffles and pretzels than the coasters. When people give things like salt and pepper shakers, coasters, wine toppers, I never use them. Cute, but I think people buy these things on their own. I LOVE the idea of edible stuff.
  • Options
    Amerz20Amerz20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am really trying not to be mean. I'm really not. But why not do a donation that people don't have to know about that would cost the amount of one of the favors? (On top of what you normaly do?) To be honest there was a decent amount of people who didnt even take our edible favor. Would you want two favors to go to "waste." Not saying they will but I'm sure some of them will. I just believe that you should just do one or nothing, but thats just me. (even though one is edible)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If guest left the edible favors behind, I would totally be that person to snatch then all on my way out! Every wedding has one =) ha ha ha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amerz, I totally understand what you are saying and I in no way think you are being mean.  It just isn't my thing to do it at the wedding, and not saying that I don't see it as being a good thing, we just give on our own more than our wedding would pull and will be giving more this year because of the people effected by the economy at this moment.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha, kristen. You are so great!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image182 invited
    image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
    image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
    image51 will miss out a beary good time
    [RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i actually like the coasters.  Ive recieved them twice at weddings. Syn uses them more than I do but I think i would use them more if i actually was concerned about protecting this furniture...lol

~Declare it..Claim it..It will be!!~
    imageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickersimage
    5/9/09: Plans, Pics, F/S 11/10/10: BFP Chart Baby Ds Stuff & Coupons!! WTH has Obama done so far!?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Stacy, I used coasters a lot at my house, because everything is glass (same with my sisters) but thinking about them sitting collecting dust at someones house makes me feel bad!  I think I am just going to go with the two edible favors.  Though I seem to change my mind daily lately who knows :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I totally posted and ran last night -got sucked into that movie Seven Pounds (amazing btw)Anywho...I think this is one of those perfect examples of thinking too much about something that no one will even give a red rats arse aboutThe truffles and/or pretzels are MORE than enough...I didn't have any favors, per se (just a photo booth) and not one person said anything about "where's the favor" and I think that 99% of the time people unless they're women about to or just got married, don't think about it at allspend your brain power on something else!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL Kris, I know, I definitely think its enough, this came from just posting on what type of coaster someone would like better, and turned into realizing that maybe it wasn't a good idea.Ive never actually discussed favors with anyone, so this did help me :)I originally wanted a photobooth but FI said no, so I gave him that :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards