New Jersey
Options

Besides bubbles

Sorry if it has been asked...but I am trying to think of something to use besides bubbles after the church.We are not allowed to use any sort of confettiI will not use any sort of animals (doves or butterflies)Ribbon wands seem a little silly to me (anyone have pictures to convince me otherwise??)Most bells don't work unless you buy the relatively expensive onesIs there any other option that I am missing here?

Re: Besides bubbles

• Options
    edited December 2011
    someone on here did pinwheels...By confetti, does the exclude bird seed and rose petals?We aren't doing anything I don't think. You don't have to do anything.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yea, our church does not want anything that will 'be left behind' which include petals and bird seed (also, they are afraid people will slip in the bird seed).I hadn't planned on doing anything but I suddenly got the urge.Pinwheels might be cute...will have to look into it.  I was trying to think of something fall-ish...whatever that means...apparently i want people throwing leaves at me ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing sparklers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    apparently i want people throwing leaves at me ;)That made me giggle.Gwendolyn, just be aware that sparklers are illegal in NJ, i'm pretty sure. So make sure your church or venu is ok with this.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were going to do ribbon wands but they were too labor intensive.  I found bronze colored jingle bells at Michaels and am going to tie gold or maroon ribbon through the top loop. We tested them and they are actually pretty loud.   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing sparklers as well. We figured it would be dark by the time we get out of church. I think we are givin them to a select few and if anything happens, which I'm sure it won't,we'll have fire trucks there. FI is a fireman and its tradition to have the trucks there after the ceremony-lol Pinwheels sould like a cute idea too.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    brodeurnm05brodeurnm05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We actually bought these streamer poppers from either Michaels or AC Moore. The streamers that come out of them stay attached and you just pop it and then throw them away.
  • Options
    inthelove03inthelove03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how about water soluble confetti? bring some in to the church and show them that it dissolves with water. if anything, have someone stay behind after everyone leaves to splash some water and get rid of it? here's the website that sells them http://www.beau-coup.com/wedding-toss-confetti.htm
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Why not just do bubbles?
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    nothing wrong w/ bubbles - we did bubbles. i bought them, labeled EACH one w/ our names and date...and NO ONE blew the bubbles!! UGH i was like wth people!! LOLbut whatevs! doesnt matter - if you want something thrown at you, then do bubbles since they dont want anything left behind...nothing wrong w/ the bubble and makes for great pics!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used these great streamers that I found on Etsy.  Guests had fun and we got great pictures:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ExtravagantExits

Good luck with whatever you decide on!
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did pinwheels.
    You could always just have people clap if you aren't into the other options.  You don't *need* an exit gimmick.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards