North Carolina
Options

Shower!!!

I had my one and only shower last weekend and it was so awesome!!!! My best friend flew down from Maryland to co-host the shower with my MOH my cousin!  My Aunt did an amazing job at decorating!  I will have to put pictures up really soon but I don't think the pictures will do it justice!  My aunt is a retired interior decorator and she combined her daughter's wedding decorations with that of her neice's wedding decorations. 

The food was amazing.  My cousin fulfiled my secret wish to have Cheerwine punch and her mom's secret recipe cheese ring--she knows me better than I know myself I believe!  My other friend came down from Ohio to be there and she planned a really fun game of making a wedding dress out of toliet paper!  My mom and my other aunt ended up being the models for this game so it was great fun.  There was a large turn out too about 40 people.  And I was very shocked to see 4 out of 7 bridemaids made the voyage.  For 2 it was too far to travel and one had a school obligation which happened to put her in Atlantia, GA or I know she would have made it since she doesn't live but 1.5 hr from were we gathered.  I didn't ask for any of my BMs to make it to the shower or the bachlorette b/c I knew they were so far away.

I got TONS of gifts.  So glad that FI made me drive his Jeep down for the shower b/c I wouldn't have made it home in my Honda.  And I was a 1/2 way decent Bride I think.  I got the Thank You's done within 1 week (it just took 3 more days to make it to the Post Office). 

My friend made a game up where she gave everyone a paper with questions on it and they had to answer them about me.  I was sent to another room to write down the answers.  She had awesome questions that really described me.  You had to know me pretty well to play that game.  My Mom and Grandmother were tied for 1st place. 

I knew I had a great family but I could really feel the love that day. 

Oh and we are only going to have to take back 1 gift!  Someone got us dark red  with gold trim towels from Walmart (Mainstays).  My sister in law to be said" take them back to Walmart b/c when you wash your butt they will turn it red!"  (we registared for lavendar, light gray, light green and light blue towels too)  I'm just glad the people that got the gift for me weren't there b/c I would have felt really bad if they would have heard it.

And I had the cutest helper unwrapping my gifts with me.  My flower girl/my neice!  She was so helpful picking up the trash and throwing it away for me.  Her sissy/other flower girl/my godchild was taking a nap at home and missed the fun!

Tongue out

Re: Shower!!!

• Options
    TinyTRex321TinyTRex321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like you had a great time! My niece is the same way and thinks throwing away wrapping paper is the best game ever. I have my shower and bachelorette on the same day in a few weeks. I hope my shower goes just as well!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ecuchikaecuchika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Having both in one day is fun!  My cousin did that!  I hope you enjoy yours as much as I did mine!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards