North Carolina

Last Minute Question before I sign off...

So, who gets tipped... DJ, Videographer, photographer... whats your tipping list look like? Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Last Minute Question before I sign off...

• edited December 2011
    General tipping info:

Limo driver - 10-15% not to exceed $150
    Waitstaff - 15% of the total bill if it isn't already included in your catering package
    Bartender - 10% (though we may just let our bartender have a tip jar if he wants)
    Makeup and Hair - If going to the studio, 15%.  If they come to you, you don't necessarily have to tip
    DJ - $50-100 if they're not the owner of the company
    Musicians - $5-10/hour
    Photographer/Videography - $50-100 if they're not the owner of the company
    Wedding Planner - 10%

I think that's everything.
  • Beth0882Beth0882 member
    500 Comments
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_last-minute-question-before-sign-off?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:29d47380-16d7-4c23-9636-cc89f51ec953Post:5f837b19-e4f8-4738-9446-f903383777f1">Re: Last Minute Question before I sign off...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Makeup and Hair - If going to the studio, 15%.  If they come to you, you don't necessarily have to tip DJ - $50-100 if they're not the owner of the company
    Posted by shigaites[/QUOTE]

Two questions:

(1) Why would you not tip if the hair/makeup people come to you?  Are you supposed to assume that they have added in the tip to the cost?  (Mine are coming to me, so this would be nice to know!)

(2) DJ -- Did anyone who has used ATRG tip them?  I guess they are the owners so I don't know if I should or not.

OP -- sorry I can't help, but thanks for asking the questions, and CONGRATULATIONS!!! See you when you return, hopefully with lots of pictures :)
  • edited December 2011
    I have no idea for the answers, just wanted to say congrats!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanksshigaites , and thank you latdies... I can't belieev how quickly this has gotten here. I go to the hotel to drop the stuff off tonight for the receptions.... :) I feel like a little kid at Christmas....!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_last-minute-question-before-sign-off?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:29d47380-16d7-4c23-9636-cc89f51ec953Post:efa2e9d7-7241-4342-af23-7810459ef755">Re: Last Minute Question before I sign off...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Last Minute Question before I sign off... : Two questions: (1) Why would you not tip if the hair/makeup people come to you?  Are you supposed to assume that they have added in the tip to the cost?  (Mine are coming to me, so this would be nice to know!) <div>
    </div><div>(2) DJ -- Did anyone who has used ATRG tip them?  I guess they are the owners so I don't know if I should or not. OP -- sorry I can't help, but thanks for asking the questions, and CONGRATULATIONS!!! See you when you return, hopefully with lots of pictures :)
    Posted by Beth0882[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>It's the same idea as the photographer and the DJ.  If they're coming to you, usually you're paying them directly rather than the studio getting the money and the hairdresser getting a wage from that charge.  Now if the hairdresser isn't getting direct payment for coming out, I suppose it would be considered more of a requirement to tip them.

</div></div>
  • edited December 2011
    uhh I have no idea why my answer is included in the quote O_o
  • edited December 2011
    We tipped ATRG. We were in Garner. Bethany is AMAZINGLY and I've been told be many many guests that it was the best reception they'd been too and loved the music and dancing.

While they own the buisness, there's two DJ's so we wanted to give Bethany a little something extra :o)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards