New Jersey
Options

Chris Farley DirecTV ad

Has anyone seen the DirecTV ad that features Chris Farley and David Spade doing the "Fat Guy in a Little Coat" scene from Tommy Boy? [url]http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/directv-resurrects-the-dead-in-questionable-ads--729[/url]This pisses me off. The one with Christopher Lloyd re-doing the Back to the Future scene made me mad, too, but this one with Farley really makes me mad because he's not around anymore to give it a green light (although I assume that his estate had to approve it). I just want to reach through the TV and biitch-slap Spade for agreeing to this.

Re: Chris Farley DirecTV ad

• Options
    edited December 2011
    omg yes! I saw it yesterday and said to myself...wth really why would they do that! I mean that scene is one of the most famous ones, but they didn't have to have Spade "modernize it" the man is gone.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually was saying to another knottie on facebook the other day that this commercial makes me soooooo mad too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tommy Boy is my all time favorite movie.  I was devistated when Chris Farley died.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE Chris Farley and was so incredibly upset when he died!!  The other commercials didn't make me as mad (Back to the Future, King Kong) but this one is kind of a slap in the face to Farley.  I can't imagine David Spade didn't see the final product and feel regret.  It may not have hit him while he was filming, sitting on a couch facing an empty room, while the world sees him bitch-slapping his dead friend.
  • Options
    itsme32985itsme32985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the commercial is so wrong!  This is a new commercial and the guy has been dead for like ten years not cool.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards