New Jersey
Options

Elisabeth Millay (photog)

Hi everyone, I am mostly a lurker here, but now that I am almost at the one year mark I am starting to get a bit more active and starting to book my other vendors.  You all definitely seem to know your stuff so your help/inputs would be great.Has anyone booked Elisabeth Millay or have seen her work?  The pictures on her website are really great. http://elisabethmillay.blogspot.com/Thanks!Jane
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Elisabeth Millay (photog)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    She was someone I looked into - she does have very nice pics.  I fell in love with my photog  - and I believe her prices were a little better - similar style to Millay. www.dibezi.net   
  • Options
    Angie550Angie550 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at her too and loved her work - still do.  When I looked into her she is a la carte - meaning albumns, 2nd photog, etc are all extra and she was more than what we were willing to spend on day-of photography only.  Not sure what your budget is though, so def get some prices from her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Elisabeth Millay just shot my wedding last Friday.  E-mail me with any of your questions.pinaybee @ gmail.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We met with her. I loved her pictures but wasn't crazy about any of her albums. She's also has a very quiet personality and comes off as kind of shy. For the quality of her work I thought her prices were fairly reasonable but compared to other photographers with about the same level of experience I thought she was on the higher side as far a price goes and for what her albums were i def. thought they were on the pricey side.Also, at the end of our meeting we asked her to send us some references and we never heard from her again.
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never got a chance to meet with her but she was one of the ones on our list. FI fell in love with our photog before we even scheduled a meeting with her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you girls so much for your help!Also, I just checked out Dibezi.net and the pictures are really great.  My fiance and I are not pose for pix type of people so we just want natural, more photojournalistic type pictures.  Thank you for the suggestion, I will be looking into them!My budget for pictures is about $5-6K with some flexibility, but of course I would rather come under budget :)I do agree that she is on a pricier side, but her pictures are really great.  Glad to see positive feedback about her pictures.  This is the one of the areas where I know quality is extremely important as these are the pictures I will be sharing with my family, friends, and my future children - I know cornyyyy :)Samar, I would definitely love to hear about your experience working with her and will be in touch!Thanks again everyone.  I'm sure I will be asking for more advice as time goes by.. after photog it's time to hire a DJ/Band, the fun never stops haha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you have any other questions, you can email me moxiekris @ aol.com I would send Diana a message (at Dibezi) - she will send you her pricing - It's her and her partner Jeff - they are really great people too :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    kpeteley, unfortunately I emailed Diana and she is not available for my date :( but thank you for suggesting her.  I feel like I have so much time since my wedding is 13 months away, but I guess you never know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards