New Jersey
Options

Registry: coffee maker

This is probably stupid of me, but i have a question.For the girls that registered for the Keurig coffee maker (which i already did), did you also register for a regular coffee maker?  I'm just thinking about holidays or just regular entertaining -- would you still use the Keurig, or would you be making a big pot of coffee?I hate these kind of questions, but I don't want people to be looking at my registry and thinking I'm greedy for wanting two coffee makers....
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
image182 invited
image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
image51 will miss out a beary good time
[RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]

Re: Registry: coffee maker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I registered for both initially but took off the Keurig shortly after, no real reason other than personal preferences. Anyway, I say you need a regular coffee maker for reasons you mentioned.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly the Keurig is so fast I didn't but I don't think it would look greedy if you registtered for a regular coffee maker also.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have a Keurig - one cup. Do they come in larger sizes, is that your question? We got ours as a housewarming gift and you have to brew twice to get good coffee. I know it's designed for quick and easy, but brewing twice defeats the purpose. Also, not just any size can fit in there. So if you like your coffee to go in the morning (like me) you have to brew into one cup and then pour into another. Another PIA. I don't think you'd be greedy asking for both, but I would suggest just the large size bc once we get the larger one off the registry, this one is being packed away.
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a machine like that and I wound up giving it to my aunt. I had to brew twice to fill up a coffee mug and the refills were pricey. I would register for a larger type of pot too. I have one of those really big ones that you would use for a big party.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Funny you ask this... I registered for a regular coffee pot, which is great for company, etc. The keurig is on my christmas list. Ha! DH doesn't drink it everyday and I hate making 2 cups for myself everyday. To justify me having both I will you the regular coffee pot when we have company. The Keurig is totally for me and I cannot wait!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    maaricomaarico member
    edited December 2011
    First off, I love my Keurig.. Get the one where you can adjust the cup size though.. It's great to use for parties because everyone can choose their own flavor coffee, tea, etc and you don't have to make a separate pot for decaf. My uncle has a Keurig that he uses for parties, he has the little tree thing you can put the different coffees on so people can pick their coffee.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that's a good idea to put a regular one on.  If you keep it at $50 or under than it is not a big deal at all. 
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    edited December 2011
    i would have a "regular" coffee maker around for the holidays or get togethers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Funny you should ask this, I have a Senseo which is another brand of single cup makers.   Today I had a bunch of people over for lunch and realized that if I wanted to serve coffee along with dessert I was going to have to set up camp at the coffee machine to make one cup after the other, so I decided to nix serving coffee at all. Definitely get the regular coffee maker!
    My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 4/10, Dx: MFI IVF planned for April/May
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was asking myself the same question! I think I may do both, not sure yet. But when we registered for the Keurig we also registered for the filters. It's a reusable filter that you can just add any instant coffee in so you don't have to always buy those cups that can get expensive. Its a price saver.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    acablitasacablitas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Originally FI wanted a Keurig, but we ended up registering for a Cuisinart combo coffee maker/grinder.
  • Options
    MyeMye
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i had an espresso maker and a reg pot...i got both, so i would def go for it
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have both (neither registered because I had them both) regular is good for when you have people over.  I love my Keurig :)
  • Options
    dianenjnjdianenjnj member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you definitely need a regular coffee maker...i've had a krups for a few years and love it (with the thermal carafe).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards