North Carolina
Options

Hey girls!

Yesterday I had an appointment to view The Oaks at Salem in Apex, NC. It is brand new and absolutely beautiful and the price range was just what we were looking for.

However, at the end of the tour she told us we had to rent a tent according to the Assembly Code? It has to be a big tent priced at around 2,000. That is just outrageous!

I was wondering if any of ya'll had to face anything like this or if this is common? Thanks!
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Hey girls!

• Options
    meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess what she meant was that you have to have a tent to have a wedding there because they don't have enought space in the house for the event?  So, since they don't provide one, you'll have to rent it on your own.

But, yeah, tents cost a lot of money.  I don't think that is an unreasonable price, but I guess you could contact local rental companies to see what their pricing is for different sized tents.  

This is one of those things you have to take into account when picking a venue. If you don't want to use or pay that much for a tent, it's better to find out now. 

Also, have you looked at The Highgrove? http://highgrove-nc.com/ 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, we are actually considering the Highgrove (a lady that works at the school i graduated from owns it.) I guess the reason I didn't understand the tent is becuase it is located on 15 acres all  beautiful space where they have it. You don't even have to use it unless its raining.. so I could be renting something I am not even going to use?

Seems crazy. But we will keep looking! Thank You!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    hng0411hng0411 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most rental companies will let you book one but then you can cancel 2 weeks before if they aren't calling for rain. We had a tent for the reception, but we put one on hold for our ceremony too just in case. We didn't need it so we cancelled it. Same with rain flaps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards