North Carolina
Options

Help

The bride shopped for a variety of antique glass vases and bottles before the wedding. They were perfect for displaying colorful wildflowers atop tree stumps on the reception tables.

I am not sure who's this picture is... but I absolutely love the tree stump that is used as part of the centerpiece. Does anyone have suggestions on how or where to get these? I called a lumber yard, but they said to call the saw mill. I called the saw mill but they wanted to charge way too much for each one. Thoughts,??

Re: Help

• Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You can buy them at AC Moore :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just lost three big trees in Tuesday's storm and will have to have them removed.  You can come take some wood off of ours :)  (mostly kidding -- I don't know how they cut the things or if they would be pretty).  Its just funny they charge a lot for them when there are so many trees down you could go cut some wood yourself!  Good luck finding some.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    NcsuPsych is right - I've seen them at many craft stores (Michael's, A.C. Moore, etc) usually in the unfinished wood and painting sections. Good luck!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    mewebster59mewebster59 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my dad cut some.  I've seen them for sale on the boards here, and I will be selling mine after 08-06-11.  I think they are about $7 for the medium size at AC Moore and Michaels, but with the fifty percent off coupon its not that bad. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers in progess... Planning bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I used wood discs as a part of my centerpieces for the outdoor tables. We had a friend cut them. Just to warn you, the discs will probably split a bit as they dry. I had people coming up to me at the wedding wondering what I was going to do with the discs after the wedding. My neighbors have snagged some to use in their homes as centerpieces, stools, planters, etc. I think I have three still sitting outside of our garage...where we left them after the wedding.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards