New Jersey
Options

How many bridal salons did you go to in one day?

I'm just beginning to look into wedding gowns, and I have several shops that I'd like to check out.  I have a few days off during the week next month that I'd like to schedule appointments for, but I'm not sure how many to schedule for in one day.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!  

Re: How many bridal salons did you go to in one day?

• Options
    I went to two shops in one day, with a lunch break in between. After the second shop, I went back to the first one and bought the dress that I really loved at the first appointment. 

Most appointments are about an hour to and hour and half. You're likely to try on about 10 dresses at each one. At the end of the day, I was fairly tired of trying on dresses. If I had a third appointment scheduled I'm not sure I would have wanted to go - just too many dresses in one day for me. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    The most I did in 1 day was 2 shops and even that was pretty overwhelming. I don't think I'd recommend more than 2 in 1 day.

• Options
    I think I did three in one day one of my trips. It was pretty intense and mainly because I was really trying to squeeze it into as little time as possible. I definitely would do two if you can but limit to three at a max. Not only is it tiring, it gets confusing. My mom and I started taking notes because we were having trouble remembering what we'd seen where and what we'd liked best.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_how-many-bridal-salons-did-you-go-to-in-one-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:14662a80-da79-467f-98b4-73c67f0db232Post:d0f8ac58-534c-46c8-8cf0-78450493b345">Re: How many bridal salons did you go to in one day?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I did three in one day one of my trips. It was pretty intense and mainly because I was really trying to squeeze it into as little time as possible. I definitely would do two if you can but limit to three at a max. Not only is it tiring, it gets confusing. My mom and I started taking notes because we were having trouble remembering what we'd seen where and what we'd liked best.
    Posted by vonclancy[/QUOTE]

This.  It is tiring and confusing by the 3rd salon.  Make sure you have enough time to travel and eat between them. 
  • Options
     I did about 5 in one day but I don't recommend it.  The dresses all start to blur at some point.  In at least 2 of those shops I didn't even try anything on b/c I hated the selection that much. 

If you can manage to go on weekday afternoons things will be so much more relaxed.  Many times I was the only shopper in the store so I could take my time. 
  • Options
    I scheduled appointments for one a day - I was able to go to evening hours on weekdays for some and others I would go early on a Saturday morning. I took off of work one day to go to an atelier in the city, but ended up going to the store I had gone to first that same afternoon/early evening to buy a dress.  

In between the store in NYC and buying a dress at a different store that afternoon, I visited a reception venue and drove past another. That was a long day!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    I did three in one day, and I wouldn't have wanted to do more than that.  We spent 1.5 hours to 2 hours in each store, plus a stop for lunch, so that was pretty much a full day there.  I also felt bad dragging my mom and BMs around to any more stores :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I went dress shopping for the first time today. I booked 2 salons with a good 2 hour break in between. I didn't want to end up in a situation where I had to leave before I'm ready.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards