New Jersey
Options

Very behind in wedding planning

So my wedding is in August 2013 and I have yet to find a dress, dj, photographer,church, florist,limo, hotel rooms pretty much everything but the venue! I'm sort of freaking out- does anyone have suggestions for any of these vendors?? The venue is in hillsborough nj. The hard part making these choices hard is that I have a small budget. Please help!!!

Re: Very behind in wedding planning

• Options
    I've heard that booking hotel room blocks costs nothing, I myself haven't done that yet so don't quote me on that.  I would just call around and get information for that.  

Davids Bridal has great dress selections, I looked there, but ended up going to Alfred Angelo in Cherry Hill, they also have great selections at great prices.  It's a drive, but worth it IMO.  

We are paying alot for our photographer, so I won't be much help there, but check the boards and the vendor page, plenty of suggestions and options.  

Do you belong to a specific church or go to one regularly?  I would start there first.  If not, try to find a church within a decent driving distance, I would say no more than a half hour drive to the venue.  Or look into getting married at the venue, usually this could save some money if you have a pretty tight budget.

Our DJ worked with our budget.  We found a couple that were willing to tweek their packages to accomadate us.  PM if you would like their info.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    For a DJ contact Justin at VenueAudio. His price was better than every other DJ I contacted! Flowers: try AW in Kearny or Avenue who I'm using in Elizabeth.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    For hotel most people use who their venue recommends since they most likely provide free shuttle for the guests. All it took me was 20 minutes of phone calls and I had a block booked and signed a contract. There is no reason to procrastinate doing the hotel reservations bc they required no money from me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2012
    If you don't have a church yet you need to get on that ASAP. Many churches require booking at least a year in advance. Seriously, do that first.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_very-behind-in-wedding-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:15a870f6-cbea-43fb-8ce2-b088b6e36b65Post:fae4dc22-0530-44c5-9eba-6c3c5c5a7727">Re:Very behind in wedding planning</a>:
    [QUOTE]For a DJ contact Justin at VenueAudio. His price was better than every other DJ I contacted! Flowers: try AW in Kearny or Avenue who I'm using in Elizabeth.
    Posted by gelaine22[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>We are using Venue Audio as well!  He's been great to work with!  We got comparable quotes from another DJ, but they didn't have much experience with weddings, which is why we went with Justin.</div>
    Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_very-behind-in-wedding-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:15a870f6-cbea-43fb-8ce2-b088b6e36b65Post:91d8dbdf-fdfe-4a4c-9727-12d3a87de340">Re: Very behind in wedding planning</a>:
    [QUOTE]The church is the most concerning thing to me. If you can't find a church you can find a minister who will marry you at your venue (do they have space for that?). Either way, I would get the officiant squared away next, because with out that you won't be married. 
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]

<div>Agree with this.  My church required a full years notice.  </div>
    Anniversary

• Options
    I live in Hillsborough. Are you getting married at roycebook?
  • Options
    After you do the church, I agree with PPs... do the hotel.  Not only does it cost nothing, but the earlier you book usually the cheaper the rate.  

For DJ I HIGHLY HIGHLY rec DJ Alias from Scratch Weddings.  

Limos-- Santos. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Get on... all of it. A small budget means you need to snatch up some of the less expensive vendors which might be in high demand.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Agree w/ PPs, you really need to work out the church now.  That should've been your first thing even before the venue.   And then find your dress.  You are going to be nearing rush status if you need to order it.  And research and find your other vendors!  We found preferred vendors booked up quickly.  What are you waiting for??  :D
  • Options

thank you all for your suggesstions!
    i have off from work this week, so i was able to book an officiant, hotel block, and dj.
    now i just need the photographer and florist!
    oh and i have four dress appts. on friday and saturday :)

• Options
    Breathe.  My friend pulled off her wedding in 6 months without much issue at all so you might be tight for time but its still completely doable. 

Like the others said finding a church is important.  I've no idea what denomination you are or if you are looking for a kind of rent a church like Voorhees or Kirkpatrick Chapel at Rutgers University

I just got engaged so I have nothing really set in stone but here are vendors I've kept information on that I've seen at other weddings and was recommended to by friends.  I've no idea what the cost of all of these are but no harm in calling and finding out.

I have more but they're home and these are the ones I had saved at work. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_very-behind-in-wedding-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:15a870f6-cbea-43fb-8ce2-b088b6e36b65Post:8d767c9c-3fdf-4dce-bfc9-470f80a59935">Very behind in wedding planning</a>:
    [QUOTE]So my wedding is in August 2013 and I have yet to find a dress, dj, photographer,church, florist,limo, hotel rooms pretty much everything but the venue! I'm sort of freaking out- does anyone have suggestions for any of these vendors?? The venue is in hillsborough nj. The hard part making these choices hard is that I have a small budget. Please help!!!
    Posted by marta123456[/QUOTE]

Hi Marta, I would love to help. I have a bunch of suggestions for low price vendors for you, please private message/email if you are interested.. I would start your research ASAP.. you don't need to neglect quality for your budget needs!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards