North Carolina
Options

Hi! And devastated ATRG is booked!

Hi girls! I am what you call a "lurker" - I've been reading all of your fabulous posts and have gathered some amazing ideas but didn't have much good stuff to offer to the group.

We booked our wedding today at Byron's in the South End in the spinrg. I've been reading everything you've said about ATRG and of course they are booked (I know it's late in the game but we are having a short engagement).

I've read all the posts on DJs and just want someone who is NOT cheesy and keeps everyone on the dance floor having a great time. I had a friend who had a horrible experience where the DJ didn't show up so I want someone who is legit and professional. Let me know what you think.

Thanks again for all of your awesome advice (I'm calling Party Blooms too since y'all have raved about them)

Re: Hi! And devastated ATRG is booked!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Vinny with Split Second Sound, and he did a fabulous job. He's not at all cheesy, and they have that business down to a science. Plus, he was really accomodating to all of the crazy ideas I had for our grand entrance to the reception, which really impressed me. He completely listened to what we wanted.

They have many DJ's that work for their company, so I'm sure you could ask to meet with several to find the right fit for you.

http://www.splitsecondsound.com/

Plus, they are 2010 pick for the knot best of weddings.
  • Options
    CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the same problem! I had asked ATRG about prices and whatnot, then took a week to think about it and by the time I came back to them they were booked! I was so sad. The good thing about that was, I realized I needed to get cracking on DJs or all the ones on my list would book up. :)

I'm using Joe Bunn DJ Company (Kent Bloms is our DJ, I believe) and they've gotten some really good reviews from Knotties and my wedding planner. So, I would definitely recommend them. Their basic package isn't as reasonable as ATRG (no one is!) but it's not bad at all.

HTH!

-- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  I hate to hear that about ATRG, but there are tons of other DJs and bands that get rave reviews on here!  Other girls will start drifting in before too long to give you an idea of who else to try.  Best of luck!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board and Congrats!  We are having a band, so I don't know much about DJs.  But good luck!
  • Options
    janice1980janice1980 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Music express is awesome.  The guys name is John Romano.  He is located in SC. which is why you don't hear much about him, but a great guy who does a great job.

http://www.musicexpressnc.com/  

Good luck. 
    panther Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ive been to many weddings that Roy DJ'ed. He's great:
    http://www.royrosendj.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Audio to Go and my sister used Livesound Entertainment (located in Asheville but will travel).  I would definitely recommend either!  Also my friend had Mike's Beach and Boogie and there were tons of people on the dance floor.

Good luck!

Also, check out Petal Shoppe of Monroe.  Darlene is very nice and extremely affordable!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ahh i was devastated when byrons was booked!!! (they booked it 2+ years in advance though, what can you do).

ditto on elizabeth's post, we almost used Audio To Go- I've been to 2 weddings this year that they did, and i thought they were great!
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely Vinny from Split Second Sound. They are pricey but worth it. A DJ can make or break a wedding and you don't want one that sits in the background. Therefore, I think All the Right Grooves isn't what your looking for since you want someone to keep everyone on the dance floor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards