New Jersey

Hotel Venues in NJ

Hey all. I got engaged Oct 2012 and we have been looking at hotel venues in NJ. we looked at Hamilton Park hotel which had a great hotel but the venue for the reception did not wow. I am looking for a venue for 200+ people with a budget of hoepfully 130$pp including tax and tip. is there any other hotel venues out there that can wow me in New jersey. Sidenote, i would like it to be 30 to 45 minutes away from linden NJ. thanks for your help!

Re: Hotel Venues in NJ

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_hotel-venues-in-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:17a29631-5ac2-4821-ba84-c12b2313e0efPost:47fb2ed2-3db9-44fb-a9ea-572660517d69">Hotel Venues in NJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey all. I got engaged Oct 2012 and we have been looking at hotel venues in NJ. we looked at Hamilton Park hotel which had a great hotel but the venue for the reception did not wow. I am looking for a venue for 200+ people with a budget of hoepfully 130$pp including tax and tip. is there any other hotel venues out there that can wow me in New jersey. Sidenote, i would like it to be 30 to 45 minutes away from linden NJ. thanks for your help!
    Posted by pjluvni[/QUOTE]

<div>We looked at Hamilton Park, and it was one of our least favorite. Like you said, the venue did not wow. Try The Madison Hotel and The Westin Governor Morris, which are in the same area. I think you might be able to get them for that price if you do a buffet, daytime reception, or a Friday/Sunday.</div>
  • silver0319silver0319 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited March 2013
    It might be worth looking into the Grand Summit Hotel. I'm not sure what the capacity of the Olde Mill Inn is, but it may work for you as well.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Try the Madison Hotel in Convent Station. 
  • There is Dolce Basking Ridge which is nice/
  • Second the Westin Govenor Morris - the hotel itself is very nice and their rooms per night are reasonable.  They have a great room alotted for the bridal suite.  Their ballroom is OK - but you can always spruce it up with flowers and lighting.

You can also try the hotels at Crystal Spring (Mountain Creek).  This may be outside your travel limit but they have some great options.
  • Check out the Berkley Hotel in Asbury Park, Ocean Place in Long Branch, Crystal Point in Point Pleasant, or Versailles Ballroom in Toms River (although that may be a bit further than you are looking)
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Molly Pitcher Inn in Red Bank, NJ
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_hotel-venues-in-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:17a29631-5ac2-4821-ba84-c12b2313e0efPost:8fa0d876-e892-41ca-bfe3-c3d7ee1dd483">Re: Hotel Venues in NJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Molly Pitcher Inn in Red Bank, NJ
    Posted by SewInLoveWithDMB[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh yeah!  Also Oyster Point, owned by the same people as Molly Pitcher.</div>
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards