New Jersey

DJ Need help

I went to see a DJ today and he gave me so much information that make my head spin. Can someone help me understand why do you need to have both a motivator and a MC? And if the venue is given you lighting do you really need lighting from the DJ?

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: DJ Need help

• I don't think I've heard of a 'motivator' before... what do they do? Our DJ company provides the DJ (the one playing the music) and the MC (the one making announcements). As far as the lighting, I don't see why you can't just use the lighting at the facility, just be sure that it is included in your venue's contract and it is not an extra charge. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_dj-need-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:1800733f-35a6-4b79-a61b-88c88449639aPost:42790f54-d558-42fc-9d95-6892546948a5">DJ Need help</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to see a DJ today and he gave me so much information that make my head spin. Can someone help me understand why do you need to have both a motivator and a MC? And if the venue is given you lighting do you really need lighting from the DJ? Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by aracely1234[/QUOTE]

A motivator seems cheesy.  All the DJ needs to do is play good music and the people will dance!  Save your money and skip it.  If they are trying to tell you you need a motivator, more lights, etc, find someone else.
  • I agree with PPs. Not sure why you need two people. And if your venue provides lighting, you definitely don't need to do it again and pay for it. Meet with another DJ. You should see a difference. GL.
  • Its just the DJ trying to make extra money. If you need a motivator, then you need a different DJ who plays better music. As far as the lighting, it is sometimes cheaper to have the DJ do the up-lighting then the venue. But if the venue isn't charging you, then tell your DJ you do not need it.
  • Try Venue Audio. I'm using them and I LOVE 'em!! Don't want lighting - fine, don't want TVs - done deal, don't want a gobo - no need, not interested in a photo booth - not a problem.... They tell you what they have and do and then work wih you on what ya want and don't want.  Easy to work with, always there when ya need them to answer a question. I booked them well over a year before my wedding (Oct. 2013) and they'll send me emails here and there just to say hello and check in. LOVE!!!
    http://venueaudio.com/
  • Call DJ Adam at This Magic Moment. He made my wedding SO memorable. Lighting is an extra charge. I did not get it and did not miss it. He had my entire wedding dancing from the second the reception started (right after hubby and i had our first dance). Reasonably priced, comes to you to review packages and provides videos of past weddings to get a feel for his gig and he does NOT overwhelm you with anything. Super sweet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards