New Jersey
Options

Hair/makeup question

I am thinking of using Michelle LoConte and Gina Brozon .  However, I hear Gina doesn't do airbrushing.  I kinda want to get a trial with Michelle for hair and makeup to see how the airbrushing looks.  However, I hear Gina is better so I would go with her for the traditional makeup.  Will it look bad if I end up going for a hair/makeup trial with Michelle and only book her for hair?  I dont want her to be insulted, or do you think this happens a lot?

Re: Hair/makeup question

• Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think this happens a lot. I know a lot of brides that use both her and Gina. A trial is a trial- so I'd hope she wouldn't be offended. I'm using her for airbrush and loved it, but Gina was booked for my date so she wasn't even an option. Make sure both girls are available for your date as I know they book up very quickly.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just because she offers both doesn't mean you have to book her for both. I say do the trial and go with which ever look/feel you like better.
  • Options
    Deener713Deener713 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I see a lot of brides only use her for hair. I haven't seen many good reviews about her make-up. I used Jeanine Mangan for make-up and she does airbrushing.
    www.jmmakeupdesigns.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can do a trial for both and only book hair. She won't be offended- but just make sure she is avail for both hair and makeup before making that decision. i also recommend Cristina Pignataro (NJ Makeup Artist) for airbrush- loved her
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    When I booked my trial with Michelle I thought the same thing, I'll try her for both hair and makeup since it's logistically easier, but if I don't like the makeup (since it gets mixed reviews) I'll get someone else to do that part. I'm sure it happens all the time. That being said, I actually loved how she did my makeup and ended up using her; it was absolutely perfect day of the wedding too. Maybe her makeup skills have improved or something? 

I also liked the airbrushing about 100x more than a traditional makeup trial I had, but definitely try both and see which you like better.
    My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 4/10, Dx: MFI IVF planned for April/May
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards